Chapter Thirty

Three years have past since Caleb's and Philip's argument. Caleb, now an young adult in his early twenties, had finally finished the portal door with Azura's help. They were able to make it transportable by making the portal into a suitcase. Caleb smiled as he held the portable door in his hands. Finally, after years of hard work, they had finally made a working portal to be able to travel between the two worlds. 

They were able to make two separate keys, one for him and his brother and one for her. He was excited to be able to show Azura his home as well and live together, maybe even travel and show her his world as well. And to his shock and many, many tries of asking, Caleb still couldn't believe that he was engaged, as well, to a witch. Caleb laughed to himself. If only he could see the looks on the people from his hometown now if they knew that he was marrying a witch.

Caleb heard footsteps approaching him from behind and felt arms wrap around him. Azura hugged him from behind and kissed Caleb on his cheek.

"Still thinking about the future, my dear?" she smiled. Caleb smiled back at her.

"I was thinking about our future, together. What our children would look like...I can see them now. Six, maybe possibly eight. With our hair, and eyes. But, have your adorable ears and singing voice." Azura's eyes widen, her mouth dropped a little, blushing.

"Whoa, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves." She laughed. "I think one or two would do just fine."

"I can't wait." Caleb replied, excitedly.

"Me, as well." Azura smiled back at him. The two kissed each other passionately.

Suddenly, they broke apart when they heard Lil rascal flapping by the window, chirping frantically to get inside. There was another palisman, flapping beside him. It was a white dove, Azura's palisman. Caleb walked over to the window and let his friend and hers in. Then he noticed that the cardinal was holding a letter in his claws. Caleb took it and opened the envelope up, reading it. Azura noticed his eyes widen in shock.

"What's wrong?" she asked, concerned.

"It's from Philip!" He exclaimed. "He's okay! He wants me to meet him at Eclipse Lake." He quickly ran and grabbed his book, the portal door, several of his carving equipment, and put on his cloak and jacket and stashed the key into his pocket of his trousers.

"If you're going then I'm coming with you." Azura told him, putting on her cloak as well. Her palisman hid underneath of her cloak, in her hair. "He's going to be my family too, soon."

Caleb smiled and took her hand in his holding it. The two hopped onto the cardinal palisman and flew off, heading to Eclipse Lake.

The two arrived at the meeting place, walking inside of the cave. They walked down the hallway as they were heading toward the pools of Titan blood. Azura glanced over at Caleb when she noticed that he was a lot more silent then usual.

"Are you okay?" she asked, worried.

"I'm just a little nervous about meeting him. It's been three years since the last I've seen him." Azura smiled, squeezing his hand a little.

The two stopped as they reached the place. Lil Rascal flew off from Caleb's shoulder, landing on a nearby rock above them, looking around. But, Philip was no where to be seen. Caleb frowned, in confusion, wondering where he was. Then he heard a noise off to the side, near a pile of rocks. His eyes widen shock as he saw a familiar figure, standing on top, looking down at him and Azura.

"Philip!" Caleb cried out and immediately ran over to him, wrapping his arms around his brother, hugging him, tightly. He felt Philip went tense in his arms, but slowly hugged Caleb back. Caleb smiled and pulled away from him.