03 | avenging antonio

avenging antonio
by Bloomfalls

avenging antonioby Bloomfalls

completed : -
rating : -

tw⚠️ : death, violence, language, torture

chapters : 74
age group : new adult
genre : romance

representation : poc

summary :
davina is a broken widow who finds out her husband was murdered, she sets out to end the only man who could have killed him, his long time rival, salvador. she must gather her mafia army and end salvador before he takes someone more precious and also decide if it is maybe time to let someone new into her life.

notes :
first off, i think the book can be even better. it definitely needs to be edited, there's a lot of missing question marks and full stops or even commas instead of full stops. but apart from that, there are not that many grammar/spelling mistakes. i think the book has a lot of potential because it's a great story, it's just poorly written. i feel like there's a lot of unnecessary dialogue between characters that's not driving the plot anywhere. i stopped here because i lost interest. chapter 4 was different at least. please do not be offended, this is just my opinion and i am harsh sometimes. (i haven't rated a book 5 stars yet). the book cover, title, and synopsis are good, i don't see anything wrong there.

now for the characters, i feel like there are way too many characters and i struggled to keep track of them all. i am at chapter 20 and i haven't seen much character development. some of them don't really have any personality to me. i do hope davina gets in control of her emotions and also makes peace with her husband's death. (if he's really dead) i thought by now i would've cared for davina like my own child, but she isn't the strong female lead i thought she would be. she is childish, annoying, rude, bad-tempered, and always on the phone having boring conversations. cole's pov felt useless to me it didn't really reveal much of his character other than repeating stuff to different family members. i get that it's a slow-burn romance but the book feels like it isn't building up to anything (i don't mean just romance) but i do want to finish the book some time to see if it gets better.

i really hope all this ranting is something of value to you.

okay that's it!