15 | fake me to church

fake me to church
by BlueJay325

completed : 17 november 2021rating : 🌟🌟🌟⭐️ | 💧tw⚠️ : child abuse, bullying, blood, death, gore, pedophilia, sexual content, racism, statutory rape, suicide,

rating : 🌟🌟🌟⭐️ | 💧
tw⚠️ : child abuse, bullying, blood, death, gore, pedophilia, sexual content, racism, statutory rape, suicide,

chapters : 32
age group : young adult
genre : thriller, mystery

representation : poc, religion

summary :
steven hall has never once doubted his status. the son of esteemed pastor marcus hall and his wife evelyn, steven was born atop the tentative peak of public opinion within his ecclesiastical city of obsequious religious devotion. and when new adoptee and muslim-turned-christian ahmed heavenstate enrolls in edgeway academy, the social domain over which steven rules, the two boys are immediately thrown into conflict.

but no schoolyard rivalry, personal or otherwise, can prepare these warring adolescents for the discovery of a brutalized corpse in the school's main building. as the passions and prejudices of new acquaintances begin whirling throughout their town of cryptic stares and decades-old secrets, steven and ahmed will discover a truth more terrifying than anything their paragon of sacred laws and tradition would dare allow them to believe.

notes :
i understand why this book has so many reads.

i would say the book is of the higher quality of wattpad books that i have read. it feels professionally written with very complex, deep, real relatable characters.

i definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good mystery/thriller book.

you asked me to review the book but i honestly don't have any notes on improving the book, i mean the comments point out a lot of useful information and criticism.

it just took me some time to finish the book as i was reading a ton of other books. i apologize but i was determined to finish it. and i did yay!

i really enjoyed the suspense. (you could tell from my raw reactions, i'm sure) great job!

quotes :
❝ the darkness of the room was her only companion, and it sang her to sleep in its chilly silence ❞

❝ when you hug someone, you give them a little piece of love. and i want you to have all the pieces ❞

okay that's it!