13 | inception of doom

inception of doom
by Kattyfish03

completed : -rating : -tw⚠️ : adult content, sexual assault, physical abuse, violence, torture, kidnapping, strong language, stalking

completed : -
rating : -
tw⚠️ : adult content, sexual assault, physical abuse, violence, torture, kidnapping, strong language, stalking

chapters : 7 (ongoing)
age group : new adult
genre : mystery, thriller, dark romance

representation : -

summary :
what happens when blake williams starts loving a girl named melissa anderson. he plans to marry her and spend the rest of his life with her. but life never turns out the way we expect it to. his greed to get her brings doom in everyone's life, including his own. by the time he realizes what he has done, it was too late.

nobody is spared, everyone will lose everything just
because he brought her into the world in which she
never belonged.

he holds guns whereas she holds books. his hands are stained with blood whereas hers is painted in ink. he lives a dangerous life whereas she lives a peaceful and decent life. they both are like fire and water. they were never meant to be with each other.

notes :
the summary is very long, keep it short and simple.

thoughts? so the book turned dark too quickly. melissa sounded like she was a shy character, with the possibility of having a little crush on ella. and then boom gets kidnapped and suddenly she speaks and stands up to blake. the pacing is off.

i felt the same way about blake... he kidnapped her way too quickly and he is a creep right from the start. my only suggestion is to make him a likeable character, maybe someone she trusts and then all the chaos happens.

i only read six chapters and i know the story will unfold and explain like why he's so obsessed with her. i get that he's a psycho and all. still, he gets away with a lot.

but i just feel that everything is very unrealistic.

please indicate which pov when switching back and forth, it avoids confusion.

the book also needs a bit of editing, and some of the sentences doesn't make any sense to me. i don't know if its the word order or the words used, but something is out of place. what i would recommend is to read it out loud. the author tends to repeat themselves a lot.

now for just random thoughts, no criticism.

the cover mentions that its a revenge story... question is, are the girls going to get revenge on them or is blake getting revenge? i mean he has been searching for mel for 5 years.

i also need more backstories... like mel is from france but it doesn't seem like it. ella briefly talked about scotland and the death of her parents but still. andrew makes it sound like they've done nothing wrong but also feels guilty. and blake is a psycho but i need more juicy details about him. so i can't say much about character development yet.

i am interested in seeing if they survive and if the brothers get caught. or is she going to get stockholm syndrome? is someone going to die? so many questions!

okay that's it!