48 | always only you

always only you
by chloe liese

completed : 10 february 2022rating : 🌟🌟🌟⭐️ | 🌶🌶🌶tw⚠️ : chronic pain, death of a parent, drug use (cannabis, medical), harry potter references, sexually explicit scenes

rating : 🌟🌟🌟⭐️ | 🌶🌶🌶
tw⚠️ : chronic pain, death of a parent, drug use (cannabis, medical), harry potter references, sexually explicit scenes

chapters : 31
age group : new adult
genre : romance

representation : neurodivergent, chronic pain mc, mental health

summary :
ren
the moment i met her, i knew frankie zeferino was someone worth waiting for. deadpan delivery, secret heart of gold, and a rare one-dimpled smile that makes my knees weak, frankie has been forbidden since the day she and i became coworkers, meaning waiting has been the name of my game—besides, hockey, that is.

i'm a player on the team, she's on staff, and as long as we work together, dating is off-limits. but patience has always been my virtue. frankie won't be here forever—she's headed for bigger, better things. i just hope that when she leaves the team and i tell her how i feel, she won't want to leave me behind, too.

frankie
i've had a problem at work since the day ren bergman joined the team: a six foot three hunk of happy with a sunshine smile. i'm a grumbly grump and his ridiculously good nature drives me nuts, but even i can't entirely ignore that hot tamale of a ginger with icy eyes, the perfect playoff beard, and a body built for sin that he's annoyingly modest about.

before i got wise, i would have tripped over myself to get a guy like ren, but with my diagnosis, i've learned what i am to most people in my life—a problem, not a person. now, opening my heart to anyone, no matter how sweet, is the last thing i'm prepared to do.

notes :
i was really into the book but as soon as they got together i wasn't feeling it anymore. so my analysis is that i liked the tension but i didn't like the lovey dovey stuff.

i like the chase but not the relationship. chile anyways i need therapy.

maybe if i was in the mood for this perfect love story, i would've enjoyed it more. like it isn't written badly or anything like that, it's just me rolling my eyes and skipping some parts. jealous much.

i can't with the harry potter references and new slang like it literally spoils the book for me.

who doesn't love a reverse grumpy sunshine?
søren is super sweet, who wouldn't want a guy like him. i feel bad for frankie's pain, she was alright character.

quotes :
❝ gentle kisses chase gentler words ❞

❝ now we take care of each other ❞

❝ and for the first time in too many years, i know that i'm loved for exactly who i am ❞

okay that's it!