Hero instinct

David sprinted from hospitality and out into the busy paddock. He had to do something, he was sure Alex was in serious danger.

Seb didn't see David enter the media pen but Britta did and she watched him curiously as he dashed over to her. He looked petrified and he was so out of breath that it took him a minute to get his words out in the right order as he tried to tell her what he'd seen. Not wanting to disturb Seb, mid-interview, she took a couple of steps away while still trying to hold her phone at arms length, close to him to record what he was saying. "Calm down." She muttered quietly. "I can't understand a word of what you're saying David."

He took a deep breath, his eyes focused on Seb. "It's Alex."

Britta rolled her eyes, they hadn't got time to be dealing with her dramas. "Can't you see we're busy? You know not to interrupt when we're on media duties."

"I think she's being attacked. I've seen this man with his hand over her mouth and his other at her throat." He insisted.

"Have you told security?" She asked, not really believing a word of it.

Seb, who'd caught the words 'Alex', 'attacked' and 'throat' while he'd been with Natalie from Sky Sports had now finished speaking to her and turned his attention to the two people fervently muttering away beside him.

"No, I just panicked and came straight here." David replied as he caught Seb's eye.

"So you basically ran past security to get to us?" Britta asked, unable to hide a hint of sarcasm.

At first Seb thought of the married men Alex had probably slept with and how it was could possibly be one of them but then he remembered something - her fear when she found herself pictured all over social media. "The man who broke me." "You don't know what he did....what he'll do if he finds me." He stepped in to interrupt them. "What's going on?"

"It's Alex, she's in trouble, this guy....he had his hand...."

"Seb we don't have....." Britta tried to cut David off but was silenced by Seb raising his hand to her, allowing David to continue.

"I saw him with his hand at her throat, they're in your room, your helmet is on the floor outside." David finished, wanting to give Britta the middle finger for trying to stop Alex getting help.

Seb had heard all he needed to hear and sprinted from the media pen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's so good to see you Alex." Soren paced back and forth in front of the door, blocking her escape route. "You know I only want to talk right?"

She remained silent, too scared to speak. No matter what she said he'd probably still lose his temper, she couldn't win.

"How long has it been, huh?" He asked, stopping to look at her. She was trembling, her blue eyes wide with fear but looking down at the floor, her fists clenched by her sides, her chest rising and falling at a rapid rate. She looked even more beautiful right now; back to her quiet, submissive ways. "I know I've not been the best boyfriend, I know I have a short fuse but if you'll give me another chance, I can try to change."

She stayed silent and kept her gaze lowered. He'd never change, she'd given him so many chances and every time it had ended up the same.

He stepped closer to her. "Alex, look at me."

Her whole body tensed, automatically bracing itself.

He took a gentle hold of her chin and tilted her face to make her look at him, he could feel her shaking just from this small point of contact. "I only want to love you Alex, I only want to take care of you. You remember how good we were don't you? When I took care of you? You didn't have to worry about thing, did you."