Back down to earth...

....with a bang.

Alex stopped at the dark wooden door of Seb's home. Already she had mixed feelings about going inside, even more than usual. She turned around and looked back at her car, a brand new hybrid Mercedes GLE in a beautiful, deep metallic red and briefly remembered Seb's tongue in cheek warning of not to ditch this one to her. The door key in her hand hovered at the key hole, this was the first time she'd be entering his home since things had changed and developed between them. It would be the first time since that she'd be facing Gisela since admitting that she loved her husband.

She couldn't stand out here like an idiot any longer and so she put her key in the lock and let herself in. Unusually, she was greeted by Ehren as she entered the lounge. Why wasn't the little girl at school? Feeling like she had to make more an effort with Seb's kids now, she affectionately ruffled Ehren's blonde hair as she greeted her, "morning, no school today?"

"I was sick. Blurgh!!!!" She made a noise, pretending to be sick and then giggled. There was clearly nothing wrong with her now.

"Right." Alex didn't quite know what else to say and had an overwhelming urge to step away and keep her distance, just in case. "Where's your daddy?" She asked, thinking how the house felt oddly quiet.

"Kitchen with mummy." Ehren replied before gasping and tugging excitedly on Alex's hand. "Mummy's going to have a baby!"

Alex staggered backwards, all the air leaving her body as if she'd just been kicked in the stomach with a wrecking ball. No! This can't be true! This can't be happening!

Ehren skipped off, oblivious to the blow she'd just dealt.

Alex lurched to the side, gripping onto the back of a sofa for support. She was seeing double and couldn't catch her breath, her heart pounding in her ears, her chest feeling like it was about to burst open. Please god, no! Don't let this be true! Don't take him from me now!

"Aleksandra?" Above the high pitched whistle in her ears, was the muffled sound of a woman's voice followed by, "Seb! I need your help in here!"

Gisela dashed over to where Alex was clinging onto the back of the sofa, looking like she was about to collapse. "Seb!" She called him again, clueless as to what to do. Alex was gasping and wheezing, and holding her chest and Gisela was close to phoning for an ambulance.

She didn't want Gisela anywhere near her, nor Seb really but she felt like she was paralysed, her limbs feeling like dead weights hanging from her body.

"I don't know what to do!" Gisela cried as Seb dashed in, shock and panic evident on his face as he saw the state Alex was in.

This had to be Soren's fault. He was sure of it. Either Alex had had another panic attack at the wheel because she'd worried again about him following her or her violent ex really was close by and now she was terrified. He quickly scooped Alex up into his arms and carried her round to lay her on the sofa while barking orders at his wife, "get her a glass of water, now! And open the windows, she needs air!" Still holding her in his arms, he took the seconds Gisela was out of view to stroke Alex's face. "I'm here, I promise I won't let him hurt you. You're safe with me, you know that."

Gisela came scurrying back with a large glass of water and quickly proceeded to open the windows nearest to where her husband was cradling his PT in his arms. Knowing how caring a man Seb was, she thought nothing of the way he was holding her.

"Thank you." He gave her a weak smile, sounding a lot calmer. "Will you go and keep an eye on the kids, I don't want Ehren to see Alex like this in case it frightens her."

She nodded and walked over to him to place a kiss on his head, then left him to it. Alex wouldn't want an audience when she came round anyway.

"Try to take a deep breath for me, everything's going to be ok. I've got you," he murmured soothingly, yet he was disturbed by the tears in her eyes. She looked devastated, broken even. Maybe this wasn't to do with Soren.