Coming clean

Seb wanted to pinch himself and kept stealing little glances her way as he drove. Now it felt real! She was right next to him in the flesh, he could smell her and touch her and hear her breaths and he couldn't wait to feel her body properly pressed against his own without a stitch of clothing to separate them. But first they, or rather he, had an obstacle to overcome in the form of Gisela.

Next to him, Alex was quiet and seemed on edge as she picked at her fingers and nibbled on her nails but then he couldn't expect her to be calmness personified, not with what she'd been through. It would take a long time for the memories to fade and the mental scars to heal. As she lifted a hand towards her lips again he reached across and took hold of it.

"Have you heard from Gisela?" She asked, making him glance at her again.

His wife wasn't really a subject that he wanted to dwell on but it wasn't something that could be ignored either. "I don't want you worrying about her, I told you on the phone remember?"

"But she's got my phone, right?" She was still convinced that Gisela had seen everything.

"It's at my place, doesn't mean that she's got it. Why are you so worried anyway?" He asked, picking up on her concern. "Is it the messages we've sent each other? Your phone is locked though right? She won't be able to get into it."

"The police would have unlocked it." She put her right hand on her tummy as the nerves began to make her feel sick and she wondered if she should confess now.

"Yeah but they wouldn't have left it like that."

"But if she's seen....."

"Alex, stop," he cut her off, "you've been under a lot of stress, let me deal with Gisela. If she's seen the messages then there's nothing to be done about it. I was going to talk to her later anyway. I'm going to tell her about us and that I want a divorce. She knows about my feelings for you so I doubt it will come as much of a shock to her anyway."

Turning in her seat, her hand latched onto his forearm. She was desperate, if she didn't say this now then she never would. "No, wait. There's something I've got to say to you first."

He could tell by her voice that it wasn't good and his mind began to think the worst - that she'd changed her mind about them being together and that she no longer wanted to be with him. Hell, she could even be ditching him for Christian! As they were on the outskirts of Zürich he pulled into the first place he could, a fuel station. It wasn't the ideal place to stop and he made sure to park up where they'd not cause an obstruction. Whatever she had to say he knew it was better if he wasn't driving while she said it.

His serious expression as he released his seatbelt and turned to face her made her feel even more nervous but at least she had his full attention. That was until his phone rang from in the door pocket.

"It's Britta, she's probably just checking that I've picked you up ok," he said as he looked at the screen.

"Don't answer it. Once you've heard what I have to say then you might not want to be with me, that's why I don't you speaking to Gisela yet, not until you know."

He rejected the call and the phone fell silent, "until I know what?"

She took a deep breath and wrung her hands together in her lap, mentally preparing herself to wave goodbye to the best thing to ever happen to her in her whole life, "there's stuff on my phone...evidence."

His brows furrowed, a concentrated look on his face, "evidence of what?"

She closed her eyes, deciding that she didn't want to see his reaction, that she didn't want to see how angry he'd become because it would break her heart and terrify her all at the same time, "there's photos and a video of us having sex in the car in England and I was the one who filmed it."