Kiss-gate

That kiss had been something else. So tender and loving but yet laced with promise. Keeping her eyes closed for a second longer, Alex actually felt a little drunk as Seb slowly parted their lips.

He tried hard but failed not to let his mind spiral into a state of confusion and guilt, Alex didn't deserve that, he'd been the one to kiss her and not the other way around. She'd tasted so sweet, her kiss was so gentle yet so full of desire that it hadn't felt dirty or wrong, it had just felt perfectly right and that made the guilt feel one hundred times worse. He was determined not show it, he didn't want Alex to think that he regretted their kiss and didn't want her to feel rejected in any way.

He was failing, she could see the guilt in his eyes and pulled away from him to bend and pick up her bag. "Let's get out of here." She patted his shoulder, she could literally see his mind racing with a look of complete disbelief on his face and she didn't know how to feel about that.

He nodded and then frowned; was she just going to act like that hadn't just happened? Remembering his trophy, he picked the box up. "Will this fit in your bag?"

"It'll fit in your case back at the hotel." She turned away from him and squared her shoulders, Aleksandra was back. "Come on, I've got enough to carry as it is, I'm sure you can manage your new baby." With that she walked out.

He stood there, a little stunned and confused. She really was going to act as if they hadn't just kissed. Maybe it was for the best. It was just a kiss, it wasn't as if they'd been ripping each other's clothes off. He mutely followed her, feeling like zillions of thoughts were cramming their way into his brain, making it all he could think of. It'd been a moment of weakness on his part, it was just a kiss and a brief one at that. Alex had been upset, she was feeling low, she was doubting herself, convinced that no one would ever love her and that she wasn't deserving of the kind of love and happiness that she'd seen earlier. He'd just been trying to make her feel better, that was all. It was just an innocent kiss. He tried to tell himself that there'd been no damage done but he knew that he'd crossed a line, he'd cheated on Gisela by kissing Alex. He'd gone from feeling high after his podium finish today to feeling like he could ruin and lose everything.

They headed out into the car park, with him trailing behind her. She daren't look back at him, she wasn't ready to see his gorgeous face so full of guilt and regret. She wanted to hang on to the way he'd made her feel for as long as she could. His kiss had been dreamy and perfect; sweet, sensual and loving. He'd held her and kissed her the way that all women should be held and kissed, there hadn't been a hint of agression or possessive anger. It had been loving and caring, for a few seconds she'd felt like his most prized possession. It was as if she'd just been kissed for the very first time. Getting closer to the car, she trailed her fingertips over her lips and then slowly licked them as if she could still taste him. She wanted more.

Reaching their loaned Aston Martin Vantage, in racing green of course, she dropped her bag down at the drivers door, putting her Aleksandra mask on once again so he wouldn't see how upset she felt upon seeing the regret that was plainly written all over his face. It was best to act as if nothing had happened, that way there'd be no awkwardness. "Hey, champ!" She called to him, noticing how he was now wearing his sunglasses which was odd considering how dark it was. "Chuck us the keys, I'll drive."

"You want to drive?" He asked, failing to hide his surprise. She rarely drove him to and from race circuits.

"If you drive at the same speed as you're walking right now it'll be tomorrow before we get back to the hotel." She teased as he stopped and put his trophy down to rifle in the pocket of his trousers for the key to the Aston.

He found the key and threw it to her, muttering a sarcastic, "funny" at the same time.

She easily caught it, giving him a chirpy sounding Dutch "dank je!" in return. She'd put her bag in the boot and was in the driver's seat before he'd reached the car.