Hospital confessions

⚠️ A little notice: Possible triggers - just to warn you all that this chapter and the next one does mention and has content of self harm and suicide.

This chapter and the next one does get a little heavy but better times are coming! Xx
_______________________

"I'll come with you!" Gisela ran after Seb as he dashed down the stairs, pulling on a blue t-shirt.

With a million thoughts rushing through his head, he shoved his bare feet into a pair of white trainers and grabbed the key to the Porche Cayenne.

"Seb, wait!" Gisela grasped a handful of the back of his t-shirt just as he opened the front door. "Let me come with you!"

He spun round to look at her as if she was crazy and hastily snapped, "don't be stupid! Who's going to look after the kids?!"

She helplessly watched as he stormed across the stones outside and unlocked the car. She tried to not take his reply too personally, he was worried about Alex, they both were.

But she had no idea of just how worried her husband was about his pretty PT, she had no idea of how he was feeling at all.

He didn't even look her way as he turned the car round and headed down the drive, spinning the wheels on the stones as he accelerated.

The second he got on to the road, he floored it, such was his frantic need to get to Alex's side. She had to be ok, she just had to be. They'd barely had any time, he hadn't even fully got to grips with his feelings for her, he couldn't have her snatched away from him now.

He felt so guilty, so fucking awful. He'd been shooting his load down Gisela's throat while Alex had been clawing her way out of a ditch, only to lose consciousness in the arms of a stranger. Her last words before she'd blacked out? His name, she'd asked for him and he'd not been giving her a thought while he was being sucked off. He felt like a grade A bastard and bizarrely, as if he'd cheated on her with Gisela - his own wife.

She had to be ok. He'd been told that the car didn't look that bad, that the main damage was at the front where Alex had nosedived into a shallow ditch. He didn't care about the car, it could easily be replaced - but a soulmate? She can never be replaced.

Alex would be fine. She'd likely banged her head on the steering wheel and was being scanned for any other injuries. She'd be fine. He'd walk up to her bed in accident and emergency and she'd be sitting up, brushing off her head wound as 'just a bump to the head'.

He turned the radio on to try and distract himself, he'd be no good to her if he lost control of the car and crashed himself because he'd been busy worrying about her instead of concentrating on the road.

Yeah, Aleksandra would be fine. She'd survived an abusive relationship, she could survive anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt like a sign from heaven when he was approached by a doctor who shared the same name as his brother, Fabian.

Fabian led him to small, private room. It was lined with burgundy coloured chairs with a pine coloured, low wooden table in its centre, topped with two boxes of tissues. It was very basic; there were no vending machines, only the ones outside and not even a single picture on the plain cream walls. It felt like the kind of room where you'd be given bad news.

"How is she?" Seb asked, before the door had even closed. "I need to see her, she's been asking for me."

Fabian could see the immense worry etched into Seb's features. He wasn't one to drag things out and got straight to the point. "She's been lucky; we were quite concerned by her head injury, she's taken quite a hit from the steering wheel but there's nothing broken and nothing of any concern on the scan."