Reggie Darling

3RD PERSON POV

The School year had come and gone all too quickly meaning that the Marauders time at Hogwarts had come to an end. None of the teachers would ever admit it but they would all miss the quartet dearly.

Regulus was sat in his room with Pride And Prejudice resting on his lap whilst the rest of the school celebrated the departing 7th years. He had no reason to go down and join as he wouldn't be celebrating anyone or with anyone. He wouldn't be celebrating Severus, he wouldn't be celebrating Mulciber, he wouldn't be celebrating Sirius and he definitely wouldn't be celebrating James. Sure he might've gone down with Barty if he'd asked but Barty knew better than to ask when Regulus was in one of his moods.

Life On Mars? was softly playing in background from when Barty had left it on for Reggie. The song calmed him like most David Bowie songs. It reminded him of Sirius and all the nights he spent listening to the muffled sounds of Jean Genie or Space Oddity. This was his comfort zone, alone reading with no distractions whatsoever and nothing to worry about.

Other than the fact that the love of his life and his brother were leaving him for good, he had a mission with the Death Eaters soon and he had to face his parents and their wrath in a day or less.

Nothing much.

This would be Reggie's first mission however he knew that most of his school 'friends' would be there so that made him slightly less nervous.

Slightly.

~

The infamous group of four hugged each other tightly, a few tears being shed.

The school was their childhood and it had only just sunk in that they were leaving and may never be able to come back. Of course if the war allowed they could become teachers there but only Remus had plans for doing so, he didn't have many other options due to his condition.

Though Sirius and James still weren't on speaking terms, they were willing to spend their last day civilly. 

Professor McGonagall walked over to the four and watched as they held each other closely.

It pained her to know that there was a possibility that they could die during the war they were enduring.

She let out a small cough, each boy looking at the woman with red, puffy eyes and pink cheeks.

She opened her arms and hugged the group tightly which wasn't something you would ever see the professor do normally, but the boys were the sons she never had and it would leave a hole in her life if she didn't say goodbye properly.

"Try not to get into too much trouble, I dread to think of what could happen without me there to stop you." She whispered, jokingly. She held them tighter, not wanting to let go.

A chuckle came from Sirius.

"We'll certainly try to stay alive for you, Minnie. " Sirius said, his voice muffled.

"That's good enough for me." Minerva said, letting go of her boys.

"Now go, I'm sure you'd like to go say goodbye to your friends." The Marauders each gave the woman a warm and loving smile. "Help him Potter, he needs it more than you might think." James gave her a thumbs up, not quite sure what she meant, before walking away with the rest of his friends.

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

Hi again besties ❤

I didn't realize how much I missed this book till now ✋

My metal health's gotten a lot better so if any of you want I should be able to resume the book 👍

I realize that it's been a while and that a lot of you will have probably gone off the book but if you are still interested I'm more than happy to continue

Anyways, bye 😃✋