Time

The water was painfully cold, it was like needles stabbing into his skin.

Long, ragged nails were cutting into his limbs.

He was being pulled deeper and deeper into the depths of the dark water.

Strange creatures surrounded him and filled up the large mass of water.

He could hear his name being called out painfully, distantly.

All he could see was black.

All he could feel was pain.

All he knew was death.

Regulus woke up with a start, screaming as he opened his eyes.

James was sat next to him, a worried look plastered on his face.

Once the Slytherin had woken up James went closer to him wrapping his arms around him tightly, trying to show comfort to the shaking boy.

"It's alright love, you're safe." James whispered softly into the boys ear.

The younger boys breathing was shaky and uneven as he sobbed into his lover's shoulder.

James rubbed circles onto the boys back in sympathy, he couldn't imagine the pain and horror he'd been through in a such a small time span.

"You're okay now darling." James said soothingly. "What happened?"

Regulus pulled away from the embrace, his face in his hands.

"It was awful." He choked, his words muffled in his hands.

James sighed, resting his hand on the boy's knee.

"Tell me what happened, love."

Regulus removed his hands from his face, wrapping them around his stomach.

"There were these creatures dragging me into darkness, there was a stabbing feeling everywhere - it felt like I was in some body of water - a thousand knifes digging into my skin." He took a deep breathe, his grip tightening around his stomach.

James learned forward and wrapped the boy in another tight embrace, never wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry." The elder said, resting his head on the boy's shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault my love." Regulus assured, hugging back.

James laughed lightly and humorlessly.

"I mean for leaving you."

Regulus broke the hug and joined their for heads together, forcing his lover to look him dead in the eye.

"You didn't leave me and even if you did I wouldn't blame or be in any way upset with you, okay?" James smiled weakly at him. "What happened wasn't your fault at all and even if we hadn't gotten into s slight disagreement you couldn't have helped."

The Slytherin kissed the elders for head before wrapping his arms around him, joining them in another hug.

They were at peace even if it was just for a second.

They had each other and that's all that mattered.

~~~~~

Wow I'm not dead

Actually nah you'd know if I was dead because I'd stop commenting on Carpe Noctem 🙏

Honestly I post 4 chapters in one night and then bloody nothing for 3 months? Jesus Christ I was on a roll

Tbh I don't really have an excuse for wtf I was doing for those 3 months but I tested positive for Corona a few days ago and my immune system has not been coping well at all 😃☝

I swear why's everyone getting Corona? GirlGoLieDown got it, IzzyHogwarts01 got it and then lovely old me got it <3

Anyways bye my loves and I hope y'all are eating, drinking and sleeping well ❤