Chapter 47

POV: Luka

*********************

The food was set out on the kitchen island ready for us to dig into. 

We just needed our two missing pieces. "You texted them, right?", I asked Colt. 

Rolling his eyes at me, he picked up a fry and popped it in his mouth before leaning back into his chair. "Dude. Yes, I texted them. Aidan said they were on their way". 

Grey and I shared a look across the island, and I knew we were both thinking the same thing. Aidan and Lark were, hopefully, figuring out their relationship. It had been a long time coming for everyone, but Aidan was the worst at expressing his emotions. 

"Should we have the 'talk' or something? She's opening up to all of us in her own time and hopefully after tonight her and Aidan will have worked their shit out". Greyson leaned his forearms against the kitchen island as he finished speaking. 

Colt and I were both quiet for a moment as we thought it over. 

"I think we should", he spoke first. 

I was a little surprised that he would be down for a group heart-to-heart, but far be it from me to put a stop to it. 

"I think it would be a good idea too. Just to make sure she's okay with everything and to set some ground rules or something". 

As if our conversation summoned them, Lark and Aidan stepped out of the elevator hand-in-hand – immediately putting an end to the conversation we had just been having. 

Interestingly, they both appeared to have wet hair. 

"Well," Greyson started, "it took you two long enough. I'm fucking starving". 

Lark narrowed her eyes at him playfully. "I'm sure you were fine". I didn't miss the way she squeezed Aidan's hand as she stepped away from him and towards Grey. "Although I'm starving too so let's eat please". 

She hopped up on the stool next to me, digging into the cheeseburger I had laid out in front of her. 

I couldn't resist the joke that she had practically laid in my lap. "Starving huh? What could have possibly made you so hungry if you were just waiting for Aidan to finish up his- "

My words were cut off when an arsenal of fries connected with my face. Aidan and Colt looked like they were ready to start throwing other things, heavier things, if I didn't shut up. 

Lark didn't look upset though. 

We all knew that she and Aidan had kissed. The guy may be awful at expressing his emotions, but he also can't keep a secret and his happiness was written all over his face. Knowing Lark, she would start feeling guilty about being intimate with all of us the second she saw everyone together.