Chapter 16

How I imagined Lark's apartment in my head! ^^^^^

******************************************************

                                                                         POV: Lark

I was so excited to get out of their apartment that I felt like I practically ran out of the elevator when it hit the ground floor.

I knew they had girlfriends. I had seen them and even talked a little with Aidan about his. But knowing and seeing was a lot different than hearing.

The guys tried to make it less awkward by giving me headphones and acting like nothing was happening. It didn't stop me from thinking about the fact that Colt was up there with some girl. I know they didn't know about my crushes on them. There was no way they could, and even though it wasn't fair of me to feel so possessive of them, I did. Even after nine years I still felt like the five of us belonged to each other.

I was jealous.

I was jealous and I didn't know how to handle that.

"Lark!", Luka's worried voice infiltrated my thoughts and I realized that I had spaced off. "I'm sorry my head was somewhere else. What's up?" I looked over and met his eyes quickly. "I was just asking if you were okay. You tore out of that elevator like it was on fire.", he joked. 

Luka was taller than me, but I realized he was taking long strides to keep pace with me. I really was walking fast.

Slowing down, I laughed before taking his hand. It had been a long time since touch meant anything more than pain, and it felt good to take his hand in mind. Luka would never hurt me.

He squeezed my hand tighter before leading me down to the subway station. The guys' penthouse was in Midtown whereas mine was in Tribeca. We weren't too far apart as far as NYC goes, but it was still about a 15-minute ride to get from one neighborhood to the other.

When we got to the platform Luka let go of my hand and raised his camera to his face. I looked around to see what he was going to take a picture of and couldn't see anything of note. I heard his camera shutter a few times before he brought it back down from his face and started checking the images.

"What do you see?", I asked. He looked so enthralled with whatever he had captured.

"Here go ahead and look." Luka brought his viewing screen down so I could see it and scrolled to an image of a woman sitting down. I had seen her upon my quick scan of the platform but didn't think she looked interesting enough to take a photo of.