Chapter 53

This chapter is dedicated to:

skhutch

emanne789

KaliFields

heartsighhh

my-fanfic-soul

Y'all usually make me cry with the encouragement you give me and I hope you know that I appreciate the time you spend not only reading my stuff but also commenting on it. Freaking rock stars and I LOVE YA. 

____________________________________________________________________

POV: Lark

The crisp November air whipped across my face as I clutched my green to-go cup. I tilted my face up to the sky briefly and took a deep breath. I loved cold weather. It made me feel invigorated and I was looking forward to spending the holidays with people I love for the first time in nine years.

"Emily? Hello earth to Emily!", Wyatt said as he looked at me expectantly.

"Sorry I was spacing out. What did you ask?", I said quickly.

"I asked if you were happy with the grade you got on that last creative writing essay". His coat was wrapped around him tightly and I could tell he was colder than he had originally let on.

After our creative writing class, he had asked if I wanted to hang out at that café he had shown me during the first week of classes. Another girl in our class, Talia, had taken to sitting next to us and when I offered for her to come with us, she looked excited. Wyatt not so much.

"Yeah, I'd say I'm happy with it. Cartwright and Greyson gave me some interesting feedback to think about for the next assignment too though. What about you Tal?"

She pushed her dark curls out of her face as the wind picked up. "I think it was the best paper I've ever written. I love this class and I'm considering changing my major from economics to creative writing", she admitted.

"My grade sucked", Wyatt cut in. "I swear the TA hates me or something".

I tried not to roll my eyes at his statement. Wyatt was a nice guy to hang out with in between classes, but he was the kind of person I didn't see myself calling to hang out with on the weekends. "I doubt that Greyson hates you", I tried to say gently.

He scoffed and took a sip of his coffee. "Easy for you to say since I'm pretty sure he's in love with you".

His words took me by surprise and I saw Talia try to cover up a smile by picking up her cup. What was I even supposed to say to that? He was right but I didn't want him to know that. It's not like our relationship was against the rules but it didn't need to be public knowledge either. 

Especially because I happened to be in love with him and his three roommates.

Luckily Talia saved me from having to come with an answer. "Emily's hot who wouldn't be in love with her".