Chapter 50

POV: Lark

I stared at the fridge in my apartment and sighed.

I had been spending so much time at the penthouse lately that I forgot to make sure my fridge was stocked when I came back to spend most of the week at my place. I closed the door and looked in my cabinets and was greeted with a familiar but annoying sight. Nothing but the essentials and not enough of them to make a decent meal.

I hated grocery shopping almost as much as I hated the dark and the thought of having to go buy food after my busy day was ruining my post-weekend happiness.

It was amazing.

Being with Aidan, figuring things out with the guys, finally kissing Colt, and lounging around with Greyson filled me with so much joy. I only wish I had been able to spend some one-on-one time with Luka, but he was off at some photoshoot for an indie fashion magazine.

I grabbed my phone to look up some quick and easy recipes on Pinterest. If I had to go to the grocery store I wasn't going to do it aimless and hungry. As I swiped through the choices Colt's face popped up on my screen with the incoming call notification.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I thought about the last time we had spoken alone. That kiss knocked me off my feet. Literally.

"Hey what's up?", I answered.

"I had a meeting finish up early and was wondering if you wanted to get dinner with me tonight?", he asked casually.

The food sounded amazing. Going out to a restaurant not so much.

"I was sort of looking forward to a low-key evening at home. Would you want to come over and we can make dinner together?", I countered.

His answering laugh caused the butterflies to return in my stomach. "You forget to get grocery's again didn't you and you want me to do it for you, right?".

"Hey! I resent that accusation. But I mean.. if you're offering I would appreciate you picking up the necessary items for our dinner".

"What do you want me to grab?", he asked. I could tell by his tone that he was smiling.

"Hmm, I'm in the mood for breakfast. Will you make me French toast?!". Colt's French toast was legendary when we were kids. Mostly because he used melted vanilla ice cream instead of milk in the egg mix, which basically made it more dessert than breakfast. We all loved them though.

 Even David and Maria.

"I haven't made French toast in years Lark, it might not be the same as what you remember", he said.

"I don't care. Whatever way you make them will be perfect. Just promise you will make them. Please?".

I heard him sigh into the phone. "Alright, alright I promise I'll make you some French toast. I'm leaving the office now so I should be at your place in about 45 minutes. See you soon baby girl", he replied before hanging up.

The nickname reminded me of what he had told me on their patio.

Daddy.

Just the thought of that made me feel naughty and a little wrong. But in a good way. I was suddenly a little nervous about spending time with him tonight.

What if I wasn't enough?

Colt was experienced in a way I wasn't and I had never been with a dominating person in the bedroom that wasn't trying to actually hurt me. I wasn't lying when I told him that I liked the idea of giving up control to him. It still made me a little nervous though.

I decided to do some homework as I waited for him in an attempt to take my mind off of everything. Colt wasn't those other people and I didn't want to waste time worrying about something that he'd never subject me to.

A knock on my door startled me out of my thoughts and I looked at the clock on my computer. It read 6:45 pm and I was surprised that the time had flown by so quickly.

I checked the peephole before opening the door and was greeted by the comedic image of Colt in his work suit balancing brown paper bags filled with groceries.

"What is all of this for?", I asked as I opened the door to let him in.

He stepped inside and placed the bags on the table next to all of my school stuff.

"Well", he began as he took off his jacket and unbuttoned his shirt. "You are going to need stuff for the rest of the week too, yes?".

The sight of him in his white undershirt and dress pants was distracting and I'm sure I looked like an idiot as I spluttered my answer. "Well- yeah, I Ummm yes I'm staying here for the rest of the week. I do need food. Thank you".

He gave me a knowing smirk before turning away to put the groceries away. "Hey if you see something you like, come and get it. I think I've proven that I certainly won't stop you".

I helped him put the rest of the groceries away and pulled a glass out of the counter to get him a glass of water.

When I looked back at him the look he was giving me told me he wasn't thirsty for water right now.

He stalked towards me, trapping my body between him and the wall. "I wasn't kidding Lark. If you want me, come and show me. I'd love to have your mouth on me again".