chapter one

Fuck. Where am I? My head is pounding, I swear Temari and I were just fighting the.... Ow, I'm so confused right now. Why the fuck can't I feel my lower body, what is going on, I can't see anything, but I can hear someone...

Am I dying?

Flashback

"They should be coming up from our left, but we never know so stay focused," Temari whispered, reaching to pull out her kunai knife. "Head to your position now."

"Got it Tee." Quietly I turned around, stepping out into the clear and quickly jumping to a branch right above Temari. It was just the two of us, an easy mission, get the two bandits who stole from the local merchants and get out.

Rustling from the left, bingo. That's them.

"Hehe, how easy was that!! I thought it would be a bit harder, seeming like it's the sand and all that." Bandit number one states, I don't even care to name them. They stole from a poor merchant family, gross.

"It was easy, but hurry up we need to get out of here. I already know someone is definitely following us." Number two scolds.

"Cannnn weeeeee release this jujitsu now pleaseeee!" number one whines. What the hell, what jujitsu.

A whistle, it was quiet but I heard it. That's the signal, Temari's signal for me to attack. Looks like we won't be finding out what that jujitsu is. Oh well, it doesn't bother me.

"Shut your mouth Toby, you are so loud." Bandit number two growls.

Toby..?

I drop down in front of the two bandits, with no hesitation throwing two kunai knives, with paper bombs attached straight at them. Quickly jumping back into hiding, it's Tee's turn.

One second... two seconds... three seconds... What the hell Tee? Why isn't she attacking, there is no way in hell the bandits got to her. I need to reposition to see what is going on.

Jumping a few branches, hopefully undetected, I am back where I was when I first jumped. Right above where Temari is. The smoke and dust are clearing, fuck this is our cover come on Tee.

She hasn't moved, what is up with her? She isn't one to hesitate.

Dropping down beside her, "What the hell-" Temari's hand covers my mouth before I can ask her what is going on. She looks like she has seen a ghost. I swear I am always one step behind like I am one of the strongest ninjas but I can never really comprehend what's happening until after said thing has happened.

I turn to look at Temari, but she isn't looking at me, she is looking to where the bandits are. I take Temari's hand off of me and jump out ready to attack.

The smoke and dust have finally cleared and now I know exactly why she looks like that.

It's the fucking Akatsuki. And they are both staring directly at me... Shit

End Flashback

"Open your eyes y/n, I need you to open your eyes if you can hear me."

Who the hell is that... Kankuro maybe? I can't open my eyes, I think I am bleeding out of a literal hole that is going through my body... because of a sword or knife, god I can't remember.

Fuck maybe it is the end for me. It hurts.

Noises... lots of noises, I can hear people talking but I can't understand what they are saying. They are getting quieter.

I am getting weaker, yea it is the end for me.

You know that feeling you get when you unexpectedly need to throw up everything no matter where you are or what you are feeling, yeah that's how I am feeling right now.

Launching my upper body forward and leaning to the side, I throw everything. That's when it hits me the worst pain surges through my entire body. Clutching my lower body and blinking stars away I finally realise I am in the hospital.

What. The. Fuck. Oh, wait, never mind I remember.

"HOLY SHIT Y/N WATCH IT! YOU NEARLY THREW UP ALL OVER ME!" Kankuro yelped. I turn towards him.

"Your eyes are red..." He has been crying. "Why were you crying?" I questioned.

He gave out a bitter laugh and got up and walked towards me. He opened his arms and wrapped them securely around me, so much that it almost hurt. "I nearly lost you, we nearly lost you. Temari and I and even Gaara, I know you two don't get along but he was worried as much as we were." Kankuro let out a shaky breath.

Fuck, I am crying now. I don't know why, I don't know if it is because I am in so much pain or if it's the fact that Kankuro is hugging me because he never does that, or if it is that fact that Gaara was worried.

He pulled back, "are you ok?" he asked softly.

"I don't think so." I gave him a wobbly smile. "I need drugs, pain drugs though."

He snorted, "I can get you some of those, let me grab the doctor." He walked out.

Laying my body back onto the hospital bed below me I take some time to inspect my injuries.

Wait a second, WHO THE FUCK CHANGED ME?!! I am still wearing my sports bra but um, I am wearing a hospital gown WHICH IS NOT WHAT I WAS FIGHTING IN WITH TEE. Ok calm y/n, it's fine, completely fine. What is not fine is that I think that there was a whole ass sword that went straight through me. And it hurts.

"Hello Miss l/n, I am here to take your observations and the doctor will be with us to have a talk." The nurse gives me a soft almost sad look and goes on poking and prodding, recording every little detail but that doesn't phase me.

All I can think is why did she give me that look, and why does the doctor want to talk.