chapter twenty one

"y/n what should I wear?" Temari walks into my room holding two different shirts.

"I think the one on the left will look nice," I respond, brushing my hair out.

It's a new day and today we are all exploring the festival together including, the sand siblings and me as well as Shikamaru, Choji and Ino.

Last night we all gathered for dinner and it was a slight mess but it was kinda funny. That was until the wonderful Princess Luna showed up. She sat there all night clinging to Gaara, she fucking kicked me out of my seat and Gaara did nothing.

So my petty ass is ignoring him.

Like I got kicked from my seat, leaving no room for me at the table until Shikamaru was a gentleman and gave me his seat. Yea- that's what I would like to say. I forced him off of his seat and he went and got his own.

In my defence, I knew he was going to give me his seat. And he did get his own in the end.

Then after he got his seat Luna ate my fucking food. Again Gaara did nothing. So that put my night off.

Like I'm not saying Gaara and I are dating but like fucking human decency, especially as the Kazekage, and we had just fucked the night before so...

But anyways there is a fun day planned ahead and I am excited about it. And I don't think the princess is joining us and if she is ill just ignore her and use that time to get to know Ino.

"y/nnnnnnnnnn. hellooooooo. Are you paying attention?" Temari whines plopping herself onto my bed.

"Ahhh yeah sorry, I zoned out. What were you saying?"

"GAH!" She dramatically sighs, "I was asking you if you heard Shikamaru mention that the rest of his leaf village friends are arriving probably late today or tomorrow."

"Oh, yea I did my bet is that they will be here tonight but they will be tired as fuck."

"I think so as well. They are all probably racing here or something." She gives a chuckle.

"I think you are right about that one." Our laughter fills the room as Temari changes and I fix my hair.

I am wearing light and kind of flowy shirt and some boring shorts because I think I lost my really nice ones that make my ass look good. Which is sad. But nothing to fancy because it's really fucking hot and I'm not really doing anything too eventful.

"You girls ready? We are about to head out, the leaf are out front." Kankuro's voice travels up the stairs.

Quickly shoving my shoes on, I yell back, "YES WE ARE COMING!!"

"Let's go Tee your little boyfriend is out front!" My comment makes Temari's face go red.

"This food is delicious! I could eat it all!" Choji exclaims as he continues to stuff food into his face.

"HEY! You gotta save some of that for the rest of us!!" Ino shouts snatching some food off of Choji's face, getting a glare in return.

"I'll challenge you two," Choji waves his chopsticks towards Kankuro and Gaara, "to a food eating contest."

"What sort of eating challenge?" Kankuro questions with a spark of interest gleaming in his eye.

"We all order the biggest plate and in seven minutes sees who can eat the most," Choji replies.

Gaara finally pipes up, "Why seven minutes?"

"Why not? It's the first number to pop into my head."