chapter thirteen

"Y/N ARE YOU AWAKE?"

"Temariiiiii.... Shhh." I whine.

I curl myself into a tighter ball and hug the blanket around me. I hear Temari open my door, I can also hear the rustling of what I think is plastic. What the hell is she carrying.

"Get your ass up. We have things to do today. We need to get you and be ready for the opening of the festival tomorrow. Oh also you will be happy to hear that it'll just be you, me and the boys for breakfast... well lunch but I guess for you it's brunch," Temari mumbles on as she walks over to my closet, "as the Princess was picked up by her little 'people' and was taken to get ready for the week."

Shit!

I completely forgot it is the week of the festival.

"Wait, why do I need to be ready for the opening? Isn't it just the Kazekage family who is involved in the opening ceremony?" I stretch my body out and slowly sit up.

"Dumbass." Temari shakes her head. She doesn't say anything else, just walks out from my closet holding this beautiful simple black dress. It seems skin tight, and it looks sparkly.

She also has some shoes that are a very similar colour to my eyes. "Kankuro picked these out for you, I chose the dress, and Gaara chose you."

My cheeks start to heat up, but what the hell does she mean by 'Gaara chose you'.

"What?" I stamper out.

Temari starts laughing whilst shaking her head. She lays the dress on my bed and puts the shoes on the floor in front of it, looking content with her efforts.

"Gaara wants you to be there with us because he, no we, believe that you are family. So you will be there with us. Also, you will be wearing this."

"You didn't have to buy me this. But thank you, I appreciate it."

"It is no issue, I saw it and thought you would look stunning in it." She responds. She has a mischievous look in her eyes as she takes a b line to my closet.

Heh? What is she doing...?

"Oooooh, red would look nice. Mhmm maybe blue." Temari mumbles to herself.

"What's blue?" I am very confused.

"OH YOU HAVE BLACK PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A MATCHING PANTIE." Tee exclaims.

"WHAT THE FUCK- TEMARI GET OUT OF MY UNDERWEAR!" I launch myself out of bed and grab my underwear out of my best friend's hand. "I cannot believe you."

"HAH! Go shower and then try this dress on so if there are any issues I can get it fixed then come downstairs and food should be ready." She throws me a towel, I have no idea where she pulled that from and basically ushers me out of the room.

Ok, shower time I guess.

Standing in my room in front of a full-length body mirror, I have nothing but matching black lace underwear set on. The exact one Temari demanded that I wear. The deep reddish-purple colour of the scars that lay on my shoulder, chest, and stomach contrast against my s/c (skin colour) skin.

I don't know how I feel about my scars. I hope the longer I stare at my body the quicker that'll answer my question.

Anyways, time to put the dress on. I pick up the dress and the first thing I notice that I didn't before, is that it is strapless. You are going to be able to see the scar on my shoulder, oh.

I slip the dress on and wiggle it around so that it settles onto my body.

"Holy shit-"

I swing around to see that Gaara is standing in my doorway. Did I not shut the door?

"Ah sorry. I knocked but you didn't respond and I got kind of worried."

My face flushes red. Why am I freaking out, he was going to see me in this dress anyways.

"Don't worry about it!" I give an awkward chuckle.

"You look amazing." Gaara looks at the ground awkwardly.

"Hmm? Did you say something?" I tease running my hands down over the fabric of the dress turning back to the mirror to look at myself.

"I said you look amazing." He says slightly louder than last time.

"Weren't you the one who scolded me about looking at people when you speak to them?" I angle my head and cock my eyebrow at him.

He didn't say anything but he did walk over to me. I follow him with my eyes until he was behind me, looking at me through the mirror. His face is flushed slightly red and his eyes are shamelessly racking over my body.

"You are right. My apologies y/n." I can tell he is restraining himself and that he has been since that night.

That night two of us fell asleep, bodies entangled. It was the best feeling waking up with his arms around me. It has been two or so days since then and the air between us has been light and comfortable. Though everything I am feeling for him, I am ignoring.

His hands ghost over my hips. It is kind of nice seeing him flustered and confused and unsure of what to do. He is looking directly into my eyes as if he is searching for consent. I give him a small smile and lightly nodd.

His hands finally make contact with my body and I can feel the warmth from his hands. It's comforting and cute and all that.

But I can only seem to focus on the flex of his arm and how veiny his hands are. He is wearing a tight black sleeveless shirt and he looks incredible. He clearly has just been working out.

"You look fucking amazing." I feel his breath on my ear.

We are holding eye contact through the mirror.

This boy is making me feel some type of way.

He leans his head towards my neck, I subconsciously lean my head in the opposite direction. I feel him smirk against my skin and press light kisses against my skin.

"DID YOU GUYS DIE OR SOMETHING? FOODS GETTING COLD!" we can hear Kankuro yell from the stairs.

"Shit." Gaara curses, "you better get changed."

"Don't wanna watch? I am hurt." I pout dramatically.

Disappointedly he walked out without giving me a reaction.

"Have fun." Gaara gives me a small smile and hands me my bag. He is a gentleman.

"We will!" Temari responds back for me clearly catching onto something.

"You have some explaining to do when we get to the hot springs." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Yea I think I do." I shake my head.