chapter twenty three

"Tell us!!"

"You need to!"

The blonde and pinkette are squealing over the table as Temari's face reddens.

"I have no idea what you are talking about!" Tee clears her throat awkwardly, facing away from the pair.

"y/n! You're her best friend! You must know what's going on between the two!!" Sakura brings her attention towards me.

"YEA! YOU MUST TELL US!" Ino adds in.

"Ino! Quiet!" Hinata shushes Ino.

I was already laughing when this conversation started but now I am in full hysteria. This shit is fucking hilarious.

"JEESS Y/N YOU NEEDA BREATHE!!" Tenten jokes. She is laughing just as hard as I am.

"Ok," Ino says, throwing a grape into her mouth, "to make Temari feel more comfortable, let's go around the table and talk about our love lives!" She claps her hands together.

"Do you think I have had time for a love life?" Sakura states throwing her hands onto her hips.

"We all have time for a love life!" Ino fights back.

The two girls continue to argue. I decided to entertain the topic as I haven't had this much fun in a while.

"Ok! Ok! Ino, you go first." I say also taking a grape and placing it into my mouth.

"SHE DOESN'T HAS ONE!" Sakura laughs.

"I DO SO! AND AT LEAST MINE ISN'T GONE ALL EMO AND EVIL!" Ino spits back.

I start to choke on my grape. "WHAT THE FUCK!" I shout.

"INO!" Hinata is the next to yell.

Tenten is just sitting there in utter shock next to me, as I try hard to catch my breath whilst Temari pats my back. While Ino and Sakura are glaring bullets at each other. Hinata is just sitting there unable to comprehend what to do.

"Ok... so Ino wanna elaborate on the 'I DO SO'?" Tenten awkwardly tries to keep the conversation going after the brutal mention of Sasuke Uchiha.

"Yes! I will," she clears her throat, "um... well, I think he is nice."

"Him or his face?" I interrupt.

"ALL OF HIM!"

"If you are talking about Sai, let me remind you that you barely know him," Sakura says dryly.

"Sai?" Temari turns to me. I shrug my shoulders in response not really knowing who 'Sai' is.

"WE HAVE A CONNECTION!" Ino's face goes a light pink.

"Sai joined team Kakashi because they needed an extra person for their team after... um, yea," Tenten informs us.

Sakura shifts uncomfortably, I am guessing at the mention of Sasuke. Gaara and I once discussed him, apparently, he got up and left his village to 'gain power' to destroy his older brother.

The Uchiha clan and anything to do with them is a confusing mess of bloodshed, and sadly that includes Sasuke. I have met him once, but it was during the Chunin exam.

"He is tall and has dark hair and these dreamy eyes and his body."

"EW PLEASE NO INO!" I shout.

We all break out laughing.

We ended up moving to the floor, spread out comfortably.

Our conversation continues causing Hinata to almost faint. The poor girl is genuinely in love with Naruto, it's sweet really but I do feel bad as Naruto seems to be wrapped up in his life. Which you can't blame because trouble and drama seem to follow him everywhere.

Temari refuses to say much about her obvious feelings for Shikamaru. Ino is convinced there is a person in Tenten's life that she isn't telling us about, but I can tell it's just Tenten being Tenten.

And now...

It's my turn.

But before I can get a single word out,

"She is in love with my brother." Temari looks very proud of herself.

"WHAT!" Ino shouts.

"WAIT WHICH ONE!" Sakura and Tenten say in sync.

"I AM NOT TEE!" I slap her shoulder.

Ino, Sakura and Tenten are trying to decide on which one it is.

"Is it Gaara?" Hinata's quiet voice interrupts us all.

I just turn and look her dead in the eye. And I know that my reaction just confirmed her question.

A bunch of gasps come out of their mouths collectively as Hinata throws her around me.

It shocks me at first and I am confused but I welcome the hug.

"I knew it." She whispers softly into my ear.

For some reason that almost has me tearing up. Hinata is just such a kind soul and it makes me slightly jealous.

Tenten's yell breaks me out of my moment with Hinata, "YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH THE GODDAMN KAZEKAGE?!? LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU HATED EACH OTHER!"

"I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH HIM! OK?"

After a lot of explaining and convincing, I was able to convince them I'm not in love with Gaara and that it's just a little crush.

Because that's all it is,

Just a crush...

Nothing else.

Right?

We are in the hot springs, relaxing, talking about life.

If you were just some random person walking past, giving no attention to the scars of all different sizes that cover each of our bodies, you would think we are just a group of normal girls and not a group of ninjas, who have fought many life-threatening battles.

These thoughts make me chuckle a bit as I sink into the comfort of the warm water whilst listening to the women who surround me.

We spent the rest of the night doing each other's nails... well trying to. As well as doing a shoe fashion show to help Ino decide which ones to wear.

And eventually, we all fell asleep and suddenly it was the next morning where we spent the day preparing.

Little did I know that I wasn't prepared, at all, for the changes that this ball would bring.

Authors note

~

Thank you guys so much for 3.25K reads! I honestly can't believe it! And updates will be coming more frequently as well, so be prepared for that.

I love you all, so look after yourself <3