C-08

CRUSH - ❝ they didn't know when the night comes, they were on each other's mind.❞

Jeno's smug gets wider when he saw Y/N widened her eyes on him. They had been friends since primary school but slowly gets further since he confessed to Y/N a few times and mostly got rejected.

But who knows, Lee Jeno doesn't take a no as an answer. He purposely transfer to her school so he can get her back.

Y/N mentally cursed as the teacher assigned her to give Jeno a tour around the school. "Don't you miss me Y/N?" He blurted out when they've reached the canteen as their last stop. He had been asking her the same question over and over to get her attention. Along their walk around the school, Y/N only talk when necessary.

She sighed and turned around facing him with her poker face. "This is the last stop. I guess you already have your friends waiting for you back there." She nodded her head at the direction where a group of boys tried to get his attention for a while.

"I shall leave you here." She give him a small smile and went to her friends. Jeno stared at her back as she was making her way to her friends. He saw a guy sending daggers through his eyes while they talked.

He bring his step and went to his friends who had waited for him. They made their signature handshake as a greeting. "Why are you with Y/N?" Na Jaemin, his friend asked while Jeno is still admiring her from a far. "The teacher asked her to give me a tour around the school."

His friend nudged him on the ribs making Jeno turned to him. "Did you not hear about her boyfriend?" His another friend, Huang Renjun questioned. He furrowed his brows. "What? She has a boyfriend?" 

And that makes his heart burned in anger while his friends only shrugged. "That's not confirmed yet since we only hear from the students talking about them." Jeno rolled his eyes. He definitely annoyed by the fact that she was taken before he gets her.

Whatever it is, he will make sure that she will be his.

Y/N slumped down with a heavy sigh beside Yeji causing all of them stared at her in confusion.

Y/N literally had a lot in mind yet other problem came. She feel stares and looked up to the gang who was looking at her. Yes, the basketball team had started to join their recess with her and two other dorks.

"Are you okay?" Jihoon who was incoincidence to be seated beside her asked. Y/N nodded as she put her head on his shoulder, leaving the boys including Yeji in awestruck.

She sighed again for the million times in that day. "It just that the presence of Lee Jeno really bothers me. I'm afraid that it will happened again." She tried to forget what happened last week. 

Jihoon rubbed her arm up and down comforting her. He wasn't the best in words but he hopes that his action will make her feel better.

LATER IN THE EVENING
Both basketball team and netball team had just ended their training for the day when the clock strikes 4pm. While waiting for Yedam to wash up, Y/N went to the sports room to return the balls. While locking it, she feels a presence behind her. Her mind started to playing tricks and flashing back.

Her breath started to quicken, sweats forming on her forehead. She's having a panic attack. Not so long after, she feel her body against the wall and a person in front of her. She peeked and saw Lee Jeno. She let out a scream that made him surprised.

"Hey hey it's me. Why are you screaming?" Jeno silently panic after saw her suddenly breaking down. He reached out for her but she keep swatting her hands to stop him. "Don't get near me! Go away!"

Jihoon came and pushed Jeno out of the way and went to Y/N before wrapped his arms around her protectively. Jeno shoots glare at the boy. "What are you doing with her?" Jihoon asked him. The new boy put his hands up in defense. "I didn't do anything. I grabbed her hand and she went like this."

Jeno literally had no idea what's going on. Jihoon looked up to him. "You better go and don't get near her, again." He said sternly. Jeno was raging at this point. He looked at the pair and turned back walking away.

In his mindset, he needs to get Y/N. He needs to.

Y/N tried to steady her breath and stop crying. She wipes her remaining tears and looked up to see Jihoon's worried face. She wraps her arm around his neck, silently sniffling his scent. Mint and strong man cologne.

"Thank you." She knows that a simple thank you isn't enough but for Jihoon, it's more than enough. He rubbed her back for the next few minutes before they let go of each other and get up.

"Yedam had waited for you in the car. Go on." Jihoon ushered her to go to Yedam who was already cranky enough and he knows that Y/N might beat the hell out of him.

Y/N got closer to him and give him a peck on his cheeks, smiling at him before proceed her way to her car. Jihoon touched his cheeks that have her lip marked on. He smiles to himself and let out a silent hooray.

While Y/N on other hand couldn't believe what she just did. She literally had no idea and went to kiss his cheeks. "Y/N hurry up!" She heard Yedam called. "You look so red. What happened?" He asked she only shakes her head and smile.

Jihoon happened.