C-17

CRUSH - ❝ every pain of loss, tells a story of love.❞

The next few days were brutal for Ria, Jeon Ria who is the netball team's co-captain. She was hassled and frustrated during training since Y/N wasn't there. There's only 8 more days till the season game.

They took a break as she sits down while gulping her water. "Ria, when will Y/N be back?" Seojin asked her. "On Sunday, thank god tomorrow is weekend." A sigh of relieve escapes her lips after she said that, Ria could barely survive for leading the team alone without Y/N.

Short enough, the training was over. The coach gathered them all for a small briefing.

"There's no training tomorrow, we will start training when Y/N is back. This few weeks I supposed was a tough week for all of us and for the next week too. Y/N had also informed me that she would like to teach all of you new skills that she had learnt there."

"Starting from Monday, all of you will be excused from your lessons and will be training since there's only 8 more days till season game." The coach paused before she looked at the players. "So between these days, let's all out and win the season game!" All of them pile their palm on each other and shouted their cheer.

They definitely going to win this game.

Jihoon was wholly off himself as he continue to miss every chance to score the ball into the net

Jihoon was wholly off himself as he continue to miss every chance to score the ball into the net. "Park Jihoon, in my office now." The boy sighed, wiping his sweats that dripped down his chin with the back of his hand. 

He only had his head down, not daring to look at his coach. "Jihoon, there's only 3 more weeks till the game. How are you going to win if your condition continue to be like this?" His coach sigh heavily as he held Jihoon's shoulder making him looked up.

"I know you're worried about her. But please, for your school, set aside you love story first. Okay?" The coach know about the basketball team's captain big crush on Y/N. Heck, even the whole school knows.

The coach excused him as Jihoon went back to find his team. There's once he almost give up on Y/N, he didn't know what to do to get her to talk to him anymore. Y/N didn't bother to answer his calls or text messages, he was jittery because of that.

Saturday, one day before Y/N come home.

Y/N spend her last day there with her friends that she made during training. They spend the whole day touring around the Los Angeles. They went shopping, had a makeover, taking pictures and so on. It makes her forget everything that happened.

For the last activity, they decided to have dinner in the hotel that she stayed. One of her friend asked. "Y/N, do have a boyfriend back in Korea?" Y/N choked on her food. "N-no." To be honest, she didn't know what to answer.

"There's no way you don't have a boyfriend. You're gorgeous! I would take you as my girlfriend if I was a guy." Her friend joked making Y/N chuckled. "Who cares for a boyfriend? Let's live our life to the fullest!" That makes her friends cheers.

"Hey don't cry yet. All of you will send me tomorrow right?" Y/N tried to hold back her tears as she hug each of the players one by one before saying goodbyes.

Y/N went up towards her room, thinking if she should call him and talk. But it doesn't look formal if you talk a serious matter through a phone. She keep staring at the contact, debating to call or not. "Y/N? Finally you wanted to talk to me." He answered causing her breath hitched. As soon as she heard his voice, she feel her tongue-tied and lips glued together.

"Y/N? Are you-"

Y/N threw her phone on the bed as she mentally cursed herself on why did she call him just now. Her lips were shut tight, couldn't even get a word out. There's a moment of tender hits her the moment she heard his voice, the voice that she missed the most.

She sighed, 8 more day till the season game and it was next week on Sunday. If they win, she will bring her team to Canada. "It's okay Ria. Your captain will be back soon and ready for some hard training." She smiled remembering the sight of her team.

Jihoon continue to stare at his phone after Y/N ended the call, hoping that she will call him back. He looked up to his friends. "How was it?" Hyunsuk asked. "She ended the call before she saying anything." He let out a huff.

He could hear his friends sighing beside him. "Do you want to join us tomorrow to the airport?" Junkyu asked as Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows. "What for?" Junkyu mentally slap himself as he forgot that Jihoon didn't know that Y/N went to LA.

Jihoon nose around his friends, utterly dumbfounded. "Is there anything that I missed?" He asked as Jaehyuk cleared his throat. "First of all, we're sorry for hiding this from you. It's not like we don't have any plan on telling you. But every time we talked about it, you're always absent." 

"Y/N went to Los Angeles for netball training and that's why she's not here for the whole week. She will be back tomorrow. Do you want to join us?" Yeji questioned. "It's okay. I don't think we both are ready to see each other." Jihoon looked down on his lap.

Doleful how the starting is so lovely, flipping the table that the end turns into gloomy, maybe even black shaded the lover's feelings for one another.