Chapter 7

"You need to eat." He sighs. He waits for her to eat for a couple of minutes, but she just plays with her food. 20 minutes already passed since the food is served, but this girl barely touched her food.

"I'm not really hungry." She says weakly. She pouting and keep playing with her food without looking at him.

"Eat or I'll force you to eat." He threatens her. She just looks at him with pissed eyes and looks back at her food.

There's silence for a couple of minutes. She's thinking hard to try to escape the situation and distract him, while he observes her like a hawk and wondering why she loses her appetite.

"You haven't told me about your mafia jobs." She says to try to distract him.

He doesn't believe why she says this in this situation. He knows she wants to distract him to keep force her to eat, but he doesn't have a choice to take the bait.

"I'll tell you while you finished the entire plate." He says sternly.

She nods smiling, at least now she has something to distract her mind from missing her family. Maybe while listening to him telling her about his interesting life they will forget about the food and focus on his story.

"As you know my works is an illegal kind of work. I have a lot of business branches. From not dangerous and to a very dangerous kind of job." He says trying to explain his job without getting any deeper.

She waits for him to explain more while chewing hesitantly on her food. He doesn't continue his explanation and just looking at her eating slowly.

"It that's all? You don't have any detailed explanation of your job?" She asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, that's all." He says ending their conversation.

"But you already promise to me. I want to hear more. What kind of explanation is that? Even a lot of people already know about that side of the mafia job." She sulking and stop eating.

"Fine. Stop sulking and eat. I'll continue." He gives in.

"Okay." She continues her eating and keeps watching him.

"I own almost all of the mafia cartel in my country. I sold the best weapons, the best drugs, and I have some of the brothels. But that's not all. From the brothel, I can get and sell and a lot of dirty information about someone. I have my own hitman with the best weapons that I create. This is why I'm the most feared man almost in all countries. I have all that everyone in this field wants. Information, killers, weapons, money, and all the good stuff."

"Do you kidnap the girls to be in your brothels?" She asks to worry about them.

"No. I offer them if they want to be a harlot or not. Mostly they are girls who don't have homes and jobs and can't support themselves. But I have some special cases, for example, if one of my hitmen has some of the girls as their target they will kidnap them instead of killing them. I'll offer them working at a brothel or die. Mostly they will choose to work at me." He explains and sipping his whiskey.

"Will you make me work on the brothel?" She asks while trying to suppress her fear. Her mind starts getting wild, but she struggles to fight it with the Scripture.

"No. You're mine and I don't like sharing." He answers and tightening his hold on the whiskey.

"Will you rape me?" She asks and tries to even out her breath.

"No, I don't want to break you. I finally got the light that I searched for the entire time of my life and I don't want to be the one who killed it." He says while looking at her deeply.

She releases her breath that she doesn't know hold for a long time. For a while, they just look at each other. No works escape from each other. They just enjoy the presence of each other.

"Finished your food." After almost 15 minutes of silence, he sliced it because he doesn't want her to eat too late.

She finished the food in silence. She doesn't expect their conversation will be this heavy. She doesn't know that this man in front of her will be tainted by the darkness of the world. She feels pity yet she can't trust him fully. The human side of her wants to escape from here and be safe in her own house. But she can't do that. She already makes her promise to God and him that she will help this pitiful man.

She can't predict that he will always be kind to her, and that's the biggest reason that she can't trust him. But she believes that in everything that will be happening she can trust her God to protect her. After all, she can't depend on him for her safety because a human can disappoint her. She can't blame anyone if she sets high hope in someone and the end, they disappointed her. So she won't set hope in him, but she will set hope in her God.

"What will we do now? I can't sleep because I just eating." She says after finishing washing the dishes. She keeps insisting to wash it even he already forbids it.

"Want do you want to do?" He asks while drying the plate.

"Can we watch some movie? I really want to watch something." She pleads.

"Okay."

"Do you have some snacks to eat while watching the movie?" She always eats snacks while watching movies. That is what she usually does in the evening.

"You can't eat snacks. I'll prepare some fruit to eat and hot chocolate." He says sternly making her pout because she can't eat something she wants.

"Fine." She gives in because he still prepares hot chocolate for her.

He cares about her health. He wants the best for this girl and more sugar for her doesn't good. But after a long day for her, she deserves some hot chocolate. While he prepared everything for her, she keeps following him around like a lost puppy. This makes him adore her more, she's loyal as a puppy. He can imagine her swaying her tail.

"I'll help you bring the fruit." She says after he finished preparing all the food for them.

She keeps tailing on him. They walking side by side to the theater room. She is a bit shocked when she sees the theater room. She never expected this kind of room in this house. Besides the big screen and so comfy looking sofa, there are some games control like in some arcade games. Her brother surely will love this place.

"Wow. Can I try all these things here?" She asks excitedly.

"Of course, these all yours." He says and continues walking to the sofa and set the movie.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks while sitting comfily on the sofa.

"Can we watch the war room? I want to explain something to you from that movie." She answers and sitting comfily beside him.

"Whatever you want."

She watching the movie seriously, while he just looking at her or watching the movie lazily. He doesn't understand all of the movies, but he understands that some wife tries to stop her husband from cheating and fixing their little family.

Just halfway to the movie, he feels bored and lets his mind relax and brings him to close his eyes. He likes her presence beside him. He can smell her shampoo and body lotion that smells like vanilla, his favorite thing right now. He enjoyed the sound of the movie and her breath making him more relaxed than ever.

"You know you are the answer to my prayers." She suddenly says. When she wants to explain more she realizes that he is already asleep. She just smiles at him and turns down the volume, knowing he is a light sleeper.

"I thank God, to let me meet you so that I can help you." She smiles at him and continues to watch the movie.

*You can read until chapter 10 in my patreo. Link on my Bio