Chapter 22

Mostly this entire day is spent dressing up and doing makeup and hairstyle. Leora is busy with her looks and getting ready for the party. So did Matteo, he's busy with all his works doing only God knows what he does. She doesn't meet him from breakfast until lunch. Usually, whenever he's busy he always makes time to eat breakfast and lunch with her. But for today she feels lonely when she eats alone in the big room.

"You look beautiful." Are the first words he says to her for today. He says that when they're ready to go to the ballroom. He opens the car door for her while she's blushing from his compliment.

"Turn around." Leora complies with his demands. Matteo put some necklaces on her. He smiles satisfied with how she looks.

"You look perfect with this." Whisper Matteo in her ears and kiss it. She blushes while playing with the ring pendant.

The entire car ride is silent. Matteo is busy checking every detail at the ballroom while Leora is busy thinking about the crowd and the unknown environment.  In no time they already arrive at the ballroom. 

Leora wipes her sweaty hands in her dress. She's in shock with a lot of cars and people outside, she can't imagine how many people are on the inside. Matteo opens the door for her, with a long nervous breath she takes his hand.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen as long I'm here," Matteo says to her as their walk through the door.

A lot of people staring at them, make Leora staggers at her walks. A lot of people don't expect to see the ring of the don in her. Right now a lot of people know his claims over her. Leora realizes that a lot of people looking at her while whispering to each other. She steps more closely at Matteo's side, trying to hide behind his wide shoulder. 

Like a chick, she hides behind Matteo while he entertains the guests. All she does is smile at whatever he introduces her to his guests. She can't memorize all the guests they met, neither their name nor looks are stuck in her mind. Her face is stiff for all the fake smiles she gives. She just hopes that Matteo doesn't meet any other people, she needs rest.

"I need to go to some meeting, do you want to come?" Matteo asks while pushing her out of the crowds.

"No thanks, I'm tired of meeting other people. Can I go to rest somewhere?" She asks leaning at him to show how tired she's walking in these heels.

"Yeah, I'll take you to some room." He says while walking her to the second floor of this big mansion.

There are only a few people on the second floor. Only important people can have access to the second floor. Some guards are patrolling in the alley and guarding the stairs to the second floor. Thankfully Matteo didn't greet people they meet in the way, if he did Leora can't keep her smile at all. 

Matteo opens the door at the end of the alley. The room is magnificent, there's a big sofa near the window. In hurry, Leora runs and throws herself at the sofa. She throw her heels to the ground and put her tired feet on the sofa. She wishes she doesn't wear this gown so she can fully rest comfortably.

"I'll be across the room. You can rest here, nobody will enter this room without my permission so you can relax. Remember don't drink any alcohol, there's some beverage in the fridge, help yourself." He warns her while she stares at the minibar.

"Okay." She says and continues to close her eyes.

"I'll give this phone call me if anything happens, and don't do anything stupid." He says and puts the phone on the table.

"Hmm.." Leora response lazily. Matteo walks closer to her and pats her head before walking out of the room. 

Matteo nods his head at the bodyguards that guard outside the rooms and walks through the next room. When the door is closed Leora opens her eyes to make sure he is gone. She continues to lay for a couple of minutes before taking the phone to the table. Surely there are a lot of games, music apps, and entertainment apps in there, but there's only one contact on the phone.

Tiring playing with the phone, Leora decided to explore the room. She wants to see if there is any surveillance camera in the room. She found there are two surveillance cameras in the corner of the room, with this, there is a lot of blind spots in this big room. Suddenly the door is open, making Leora hide behind the big sofa. 

"Leora." Call Taylor makes her breath in relief.

"You scared me, Taylor." She chuckles and shows herself behind the sofa.

"It's time," Taylor says with a serious tone. Leora looks at her in shock.

"I need you to make a big commotion to distract the guard while I let my team come to the party," Taylor says.

"What, what should I do?" She asks panicky.

"I can help." They look at the doorway to see Krystal lean at the doorway. 

In hurry, Taylor walks to the door to check the alley. After making sure the alley is empty she pull Kyrstal inside the room and closed the door.

"Why?" Leora asks confusedly at Krystal.

"With you out of the picture will make me easier to be the Donna, with the new power I can take over the Chinese mafia from the hands of my idiot brother." She says in duh tones.

"Changes of the plan. You will be the one to make a big commotion, while we will escape from here." Taylor says to Krystal with serious looks.

"That can't do," Krystal says in confidence.

"Guys there is CCTV in here," Leora says in panic while remembering there's CCTV in the room.

"Taken care off." Says Krystal and she gives a smug smile to them.

"So here's the plan. I'll take on of the maid who looks exactly alike like you, while I set the fire. After all, Matteo won't let you escape easily. We need the fake you as a distraction for Matteo. We will make it like you try to escape by setting the fire. While everybody gets distracted times to you to go." She explained while typing on her phone.

"Brilliant." Leora happily exclaims while clapping her hands.

"We will do as you told," Taylor says.

"But where we can find someone who looks like me?" Ask Leora.

"Well, I already found her. Now you need to take off the dress and change to maid outfit." Krystal says as opening the door to let the maid in.

"She doesn't look like me?" Leora comments when sees the maid.

"Well her posture is the same as you. So it's enough." Taylor says while inspecting her.

"You don't have a twin so don't expect more." Critics Krystal. "Chop. Chop. Chop. Let's do the action."

"You are willing to do this right?" Whisper Leora to the maid. 

She is just worried that Krystal forces the maid to do something she doesn't want. She knows better than anyone how risky to trick Matteo like this. One step wrong not just her and Taylor who'll get punished, Krystal and the maid will be given some punishment too. And if they successfully get escaped, Krystal and the maid will be the ones who are left behind and bear all the risks.

"Yeah. Don't worry Miss. Krystal pays a lot of money for me to do this. After setting the fire I just need to secretly change into my maid outfits, no one will know." The maid answers and winking at her before going to the bathroom to change.