Chapter 50

"Why do you willingly come with me?" He asked Leora.

"Well for once, I know for sure that you won't hurt me. Beside I want to know your side story." She says to him.

The hot sun in the city surely is far more hotter than the country side. They are already walking for almost two hours now. They have successfully avoid anyone including the hidden bodyguard that Matteo instructed.

Well she always know that some people watching her all this time. But she just turned blindly at them because she knows it'll make Matteo more rest assured at her condition.

"Where are we going now?" She asks.

"Somewhere save." He says mysteriously.

"Well you are surely his brother." Leora complains with a chuckles.

Back when she was in the drugstore, when she went out from the bathroom, she found that there are some dead body scattering around in the store room. When she just want to run away to Matteo someone grab her and shushing her.

Well that the first time she meet someone like that. Truly both of the brothers leave an excellent impression when their first meet.

"You know that I can't hold it any longer." She complains and sit at random bench.

"Fine. Just because I like you, I'll take some taxi for us." He sighed and take some random taxi.

"Thank you so much, brother." She smile cheekily.

"I don't know how you can attracted my brother attention." He says and shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well surely I have my own charm. But can I know your name?" She winks at him.

"Why, you want to change your partner to me?" He lifted up one of his eyebrows.

"Nah, thanks for the offer, because I already satisfied with my own husband." She says and rolling her eyes.

Not long after that the car stop in front of a small homey house. It's just an ordinary house but you can feel that the owner is very good with gardening and take care of the house.

"Well this is it. Just don't be surprised of what you see inside." He says and rub the back of his head before step out of the taxi.

"Well okay." Leora whispers and follow him out.

"Nonna! Sono a casa!" He shouts. 'Nana, I'm home!'

"Well just sit inside here while I look for someone." He says and pointed his finger at some sofa.

Leora do as he says. She look around. Despite of the mess around the room, she can feels like home. Like when she visit her own grandma. Even she can smell a fresh bake cookies. It really makes her more relax and lower her guard down.

"Well she is a sleep. So come with me to the basement. We can talk about everything." He says and lead the way to her.

"So for the starter, you still haven't tell me your name." She says when they walk through the stairs.

"Didn't my brother tell you?" He asks back while open the locked basement.

"You already know that he isn't a talkative person. He just says that you are his younger brother and maybe you hate him." She says as they step to the basement.

There is a old bed at the corner of the room. All of the wall is painted with grey color and there is a warm yellow light, so it feels like an old factory. There are three monitor and a computer at the table beside the stairs. A fridge, a sofa and a table inside the room. Beside the old and creepy feelings, the room is very clean, even the bed is very neat.

"I'm Marco. That assh*le brother." He says and sit himself in the sofa.

"Sit wherever you want." He told her while taking some beer from the fridge beside the sofa. He tosses the beer to her and Leora catch it but she puts it down on the table and seat at the bed.

"Sorry I don't drink." She smiles sheepishly.

"Why, did my brother forbid you to drink?" He sneered at her.

"Well you can think like that." She sighs and take some pillow to be hugged by her.

"So why do you kidnapped me in the first place?" She asks. He opens his beer and drink it first before he answers her question.

"Well you are my bargaining chip. Take you to my side will surely save me from my assh*le brother." He says and drink the rest of the beer.

"Do you get betrayed by the agency? I think you won't kill them if you are still partners." She says.

"Right smart ass, give me more of your analysis." He demand while opening a new can of beer.

"Well firstly I think your partnership is broken. Either they betrayed you or the other way around. So you will think that surely they will use you as their stepping stone to kill Matteo. Well I think since the beginning they already use you as their stepping stone to irritated you brother." She says making him laugh so hard.

"He is lucky because you don't only have a look but brain too." He says and laugh again.

"Well you are not wrong. But I'll tell you the rest of it."

"From the start I always in the shadow of my brother, so my foolish self believe them when the American allowed me to controlled their mafia. So I start to develope them, but they never expect that it'll grow fastly under my influence. Then they suggest me to start developing a new branch of business with the Russian, knowing that if we snatched them from Sicily they will weakend them. Well I never know that they are after the chip that my smart brother have." He says and drink the beer again.

"That is the start when the agency and the government start involved in here. But lately the Russian start a war with a Ukraine, that is a blow for America itself. The partnership broken and the contract between them is gone. So they start to pressure me to take the chip. You know one of your friends is assessing me to take that." He says and inform her. Leora nodded already know who is the one he mentioned.

"Then what happened?" She asks.

"Then, I got tired acting as a chess pieces. I want to get out from this mess, the only think I can think about is you. The only way out." He sounds bitter about it.

"So you already know that your brother is gonna win, and you take me as your shield so your brother won't kill you?" She asks hypothetically.

"Yup, after all since the start he always got what he wants." He recalling the scene when Matteo killed their father.

"You know that kidnapped me in the first place, under his nose. I'll underline that. Will surely make him more angry." She exclaimed.

"Are willing to choose my side and defend me? After all I already told you my side story and keeping you entertained." He smirk at her.

"Alright, but if you tell me what is your next plan. Or simply tell me more about yourself and keeping me entertained for the rest of the day. I'll protect you." She smiles cheekily.

_________

Hi guys truthfully I really want to pursue my career in writing, so if you guys really have any suggestions for me, for better writing please tell me. So I can develop more great works that will entertain all of you.

If I can make a living from here, I'll be really glad and will focus all of my time to writing but I can't do that if you guys don't support me. So please if you like pleasee make a vote, comment or anything else to make me more happy to write. And if you have a suggestions please tell me in comment or in my personal chat.

Thanks~
Hope we can be a wonderful family with this story.