Chapter 33

After cooking together they are eating while talking in the dining room. Lately, Matteo enjoy cooking. He feels so relaxed while cooking for her. While Matteo cooks sometimes Leora just sits at the chair looking intently at him or if she is bored she will help him with washing vegetables or doing something lightly. He still banned her from using a knife or doing something dangerous like frying or anything with fire. She always grumbles and always shows her protest to him, but he always ignores her or gives her unreasonable excuses.

"I'm still curious about their punishment," Leora comments while eating her steak.

"You don't need to know," Matteo answers as he wipes his mouth after finishing his food.

"Fine." Leora gives up digging for information from him and continues eating her food.

"Tonight I'll be getting ready to go to Russia. During my stay in there, you'll be guarded by Anna." He says as he sips his wine.

"But I don't need someone to babysit me." She grumbles.

"I know but you can still hang out with her. You can go anywhere you want with her, after all, Sicily is my territory nobody won't do anything to you." He says.

"Yeah, you are right. Well, it's better if Taylor is here." She sighed.

"She has to do her mission. Starting tomorrow you'll be practicing with Anna." He says out of the blue.

"Why? I am stronger than 2 years ago. And I have already been practicing a lot at the organization." She says proudly.

"Their standard is different than mine. You are still far away from getting accepted by me."

"But she must be busy, she better do her job than train me." She says in a tone full of concern but in reality, she just wants to have a rest. She knows they won't be merciful during their training, and she already has enough training and using her body since in the organization.

"I'll train you when I come home but before that Anna will train you. Don't skip, I'll know if you are and you won't want to bear the consequence." He threatens her.

"Alright, Dad." She says sheepishly.

"I'm going now, finished your dinner. Don't forget tomorrow morning." He says and walks away.

"Buona Notte." She shouts at him as he walks far away. Without turning back he just waves back at her. (Good night)

"Better finished this food and look around the mansion." She mumbles as she eats the rest of her food fastly.

Not long after that Leora ran towards where Matteo left. She still doesn't know the way into the mansion, so better be safe and ask Matteo the ways around and the forbidden place. After what happened two years ago when she sees the real murder in front of her eyes, she still can't forget those empty eyes staring at her. Just remembering that event make her body shiver.

As she walks into Matteo's room without knocking, Matteo is in the middle of preparing his luggage for the trip. She walks through his stuff and helps him fold the clothes that are on the bed. 

"When will you go?" She asks while Matteo is in the bathroom gathering some toiletries.

"At dawn. I already contact the Pakhan for offering some deal." He says as he walks out of the bathroom.

"Can I walk around the mansion?" She asks and helps him put some of his clothes in the suitcase.

"Sure." He says as he opens his laptop searching for some files.

"There are no boundaries?" She asks.

"Well if you go far too deep in the underground you will meet some of the prisoners rotten in there. Oh and every midnight my panther will be released." He says looking at her for a while and getting back to looking at the laptop.

"The panther that wanted to eat me alive." She shrieks in surprise.

"I need to introduce and familiarize you again with the panther. Well, you need to feed him after I'm away." He says with a smirk on his face. His words make her dumbfounded. 

"Yeah feeding him me. I'll be the food." She says sarcastically and slams his clothes into the suitcase and throws herself into the bed beside him.

"I don't know you can throw some jokes." She says after the silence for a couple of minutes.

"Who says I joked." He comments without looking away from his laptop.

"Are you seriously will feed me to the panther?!" She protests and throws some pillow at him.

"Of course not. You don't have any meat for him to eat." He jokes again.

"Not funny!" She says as walks out of the room and slams the door.

She smiles as she walks from the room. After spending a long time with him this is the first time she feels he is like a normal person. Cracking some jokes and smiles. Finally, she can bring some light into his dark world. 

She takes a deep breath in the Italy warm night air. It will feel weird that they just meet each other again for 2 days and he already leaves again for tomorrow. Even though it is short she sure will miss him a lot. The mansion will feel weird without him. Hopefully, he can get back fast enough. 

Or maybe she can call Eudith and help her to go to Russia. With that, she can help Matteo and maybe she can make Eudith take their side. Oh and brings Charlie and the others to help Matteo with the mission. She is sure Taylor will be glad to meet her boyfriend again. She is sure that the rest of her friends in the organization will understand if she told them everything.

Leora continues her walk and stopped at the terrace heading up to the garden. She leans her body through the fence and sees some of the guards walking around the mansion below her. She put her chin on her arms and just enjoy the warm breeze and watched some people around the mansion. As she sees below she sees someone waving at her from below. When she realizes who is it she runs happily through the stairs through her.

"Anna!" She screams as she runs close to her. She soon hugs her tightly.

"Hey, my lady." Anna laughs and hugs her.

"I miss you. Are you alright in these two years?" She asks as she releases her embrace.

"Well, thanks to you, Don chooses to bring me here. I got want I want in here." Anna answers with a big smile on her face.

"How about you? How come you be around our Don after escaping his clutch?" 

"Well, you already know that I will never be really free from the Devil clutch. Long story short here I am trying to save Taylor but stuck on his side again." Leora laughs it up.

"Yeah, there is not a single person who can escape his clutch." Anna smiles pitifully at Leora.

"So what happen after I was gone?" Leora asks, trying to pry what happened to Crystal and the maid.

"Well after the Don was done dealing with the American mafia, we got back here." She says in short sentences makes Leora disappointed.

"Oh, I see." Leora just gives her a small smile trying to hide her disappointment.

"Glad to meet you, but I need to continue my night sift. We better catch up tomorrow." Anna says as she walks away while waving at Leora.

"Well, I can try tomorrow again." Leora sighs as she continues her walks. A deep roar makes her freeze in her step. 

"Not again!"

She cursed at herself for forgetting to check the time. It's already midnight and the beast is getting out. Another deep roar makes her slowly step back. She still doesn't know where the beast is.

"Go... good boy, you won't eat me aren't you?" She stuttered quietly and the panther answer her with another roar making her more scared.

"I'll make Matteo lock you for the rest of your life." She shrieks as she tries to run.