Chapter 61

She doesn't know how long she sat on the cold floor, crying alone after her husbands locked her up in a strange room. She doesn't even know that he has a penthouse upstairs in his office.

Leora looks up after looking down for hours. She realizes that it is already late at night. That means he had already left her for 4 hours.

She whimpers at her own thoughts. Her tears flowed out again when she thinks about Matteo. She hates him for making her feel this horrible feeling but at the same time, she hates herself for trusting people so easily and disappointing her husbands to the point he hates her so much to have thoughts of killing her.

Since they first meet, he never speaks loudly or angrily at her. He is always patient even when she makes big mistakes or childish or does something that doesn't make any sense at all. But this time her mistakes are beyond broken, including his trust and love for her. She doesn't even know the real danger she caused to her own family.

Her marriage is at stake, and her child and family are at stake, because of her own mistakes. Yet she can't even do anything to help at all besides weeping pitifully like this, waiting for her husband to come to make all of things better again. She can't even pray to God because she knows this time is all her fault, her fault for putting her family in danger.

Leora knows that Matteo won't become this angry if she causes a little damage. She knows that this time the consequences of her choice are very severe, and she doesn't have anyone else to blame besides herself.

Her stomach growling loudly, but she doesn't have any appetite. She doesn't even have any energy to move to the bed. She feels cold, she can't even feel her toes. She chooses to curl up below the door.

A knock makes her open her eyes. She whimpers and chooses not to answer. A clicking sound from unlocking the key makes her crawl to the bed and hide beside the bed, hiding from everyone to see.

"Bambina." Matteo's voice softens when he calls her. His voice makes her sob but she bites her lips so that he can't hear her whimpers.

"I'm sorry. Come here, baby." Matteo says walking to the bed and crouching down, waiting for her to move on her free-will to go to him.

Matteo sighs and moves towards her when she doesn't move at all. He takes her hands pulls her into his embrace and moves her to the bed. He can feel how cold her body is. That fact makes his heart ache at his stupid reaction hurts her to this point.

"I have cooked some soup for you. Let's warm up your body okay?" He whispers when he cannot hear any response from her besides her sobbing.

"Just cry if you want. Don't bite your lips so hard." He drags her chin towards him, pulling her bitten lips, and kisses her eyes that have been closed shut so tightly.

"I'm sorry Matteo." Leora opens her eyes and whispers with a cracked voice.

"No, bambina, no amor, I'm the one who is wrong. I'm so sorry baby. I'm sorry that I hurt you with my actions and words." He hugs her tight and kisses her face thousands of times.

"But I betray your trust." She says with a hoarse voice.

"I forgive you. We will talk about this later okay? Look at how cold your body is. Let's make you comfortable first okay baby." He whispers while cupping her face and looking at her with concerned eyes.

"Here lay here first, I'll take some of my sweaters and then we will fill your stomach." He says while covering her up with the thick blanket.

"Come here, raise your hands up." He says gently coaxing her like a child.

"There you are." He says after finishing dressing her in his sweater and kissing her face again making her laugh.

"Come on let's eat." He stands and pulls his hands out waiting for her to take it.

"Can you carry me?" She asks in a small voice, her begging face makes him chuckle and princess cary her.

He put her on his lap when they arrived at the dining room. While Leora still stuck her face on his neck this entire time, inhaling his masculine smell, trying to calm her raging heart and mind.

"Eat bambina." Matteo taps her shoulder to move her face away from his neck. He can't help his body react when he feels her breath so close to the sensitive part of his body. He tries not to make it obvious but from her body reaction try to find a comfortable place he knows that she knows.

Feeling his body reaction, with a blushing face she pulls away her face from his and digs her soup slowly while still on his lap.

Waiting patiently for her to finish her soup, Matteo put his arms below her breast hugged her tightly from behind, and put his face between her shoulder and neck, snuggling his face on her shoulder, making her giggle up when his beard started to tickle her.

"You really should shave your beard," Leora says cupping his cheek.

"I'll later." He hums and moves his chin onto her shoulder making her giggle and try to stop him.

"Finished your food and we will take a bath together. Your body is still cold little girl." He orders her.

"Hmmm.... fine." Leora hums and snuggles her back to his chest.

Matteo chuckles at her clinginess but he can understand that she has been through a lot today, so he will indulge her twice as usual. His little wife needs to be pampered more after what she has been through. Matteo carried her to their room and put her on the bed while preparing for their bath.

"I'll play with your phone." Leora shouts after 3 minutes of waiting for him with nothing but her mind. She doesn't want to be with her mind right now. Because her mind will tell her, his previous actions and her heart will hurt again remembering his action.

"Haven't I already told you to buy your phone?" Matteo asks, popping his head from the door looking at her.

"I forgot." She smiles sheepishly at him while he just shakes his head in disbelief and continues preparing their bath.

"I'll tell Marco to buy you some phone, he is on the way here." Matteo says walking out of the bathroom and helping her to get out of her clothes.

"Why?" She asks after he takes her shirt out.

"I need to discuss something about the familia, my decision to pension from this world is already fixed." Matteo squatted down to help her get out of her pants. After leaving her naked, he takes his clothes. She takes the blanket covers her body up and looks at him.

"Are you sure? I know you like your job despite everything." She honestly says looking at his eyes even when his muscular body tries to distract her focus.

"I'm no longer capable bambina, I have something more important to take care of now." He kisses her belly and then kisses her temples before carrying her to the bathtub. Leora beams when she sees a bathtub full of bubbles. She looks at him grinning at him before kissing his lips fast and hard.

"So what do you do after this?" She plays with the bubbles.

"I got some plan. I'll tell you after I finish with the familia issue okay? After that it's up to you, you'll decide what is our next step." He takes her hand to his mouth and kisses it gently while looking at her. That move makes her face red and her stomach full of butterflies.