Chapter 23

After a couple of minutes of hair and makeup, all the preparations all finally done. Right now they are moving to the next plan. While Kyrstal and the maid take the distraction part, Leora and Taylor sneak to the kitchen part ready to blend in as the cru. They just need to make sure everybody leaves the back door before they escape.

After waiting for a while in the kitchen, the fire alarm is ringing, making everybody run around to the emergency exit in panic. Right after the cue, Leora and Taylor run out to the back door. There are still guards guarding, while some of them run through the commotion. Thanks to the maid's custom nobody suspects them when they walk through the backdoor.  There are some vans from the catering and flowers shop, they sneak to one of them.

"Key, we need the key." Whispered Leora loudly, she sits behind the wheel.

Taylor who is in the passenger seat guard and observe the surrounding, clicks her tongue, and cut the circuit with a pocket knife, and like in the movie she did the tricks. The engine roaring, Leora smiling at Taylor and starts driving the car. They drive through the back gate but unfortunately, it is locked, and driving through it will be impossible because of the big and high the gate is. 

"Shit!" Curse Taylor when the van crash at the gates when they try to drive through it. 

"I need to unlock it. Here save this and don't give it to anybody else." Taylor warns and tosses her some pendant before jumping out of the van.

"What it is?" Leora asks and puts her head out from the window so she can speak clearly with Taylor while watching Taylor struggling with the locks.

"There's is a chip inside it. It's my mission, so protect it with your life and don't open it." Taylor says shooting the locks with her gun.

"Why did you give it to me?" Asks Leora.

"If they coming to catch us they'll never dare to touch you. So keep it away from anyone. I have a feeling the Don will be coming in a minute. He's not that stupid to be distracted by the fake you." She says. 

"F*ck! What is this lock made from." Taylor cursed when she can't open the lock despised the effort she has done. She just wasted 2 bullets and she's not stupid enough to waste all of her bullets.

"We need to turn around and drive fastly to the front gates. I'll take care of the guards outside." Taylor commands and enters the car.

"Alright boss," Leora says starting the car.

Leora drives fastly to the front gates. Just as Taylor expected a lot of guards it all there. They seem to keep tight the security because of the fire accident. That or Matteo already knows about their escape. Leora feels frightened by the guards with their heavy weapons. The guards are alarmed by their vans and start to aim for their van. Leora shrieks in horror and automatically closes her eyes when she heard the gun shouted. Taylor cursed loudly and start to shoot back at them. 

From the guard's angle of shooting Taylor already know that the Don knows about their escape. He doesn't want to hurt his precious Donna so he must command his guards to shoot only at their van or wheel. But still, with their shoot, the vans will not hold for too long, after all, it's not bulletproof. She needs to think about how to get Leora out of here. She knows that she didn't have the chance, only one of them could escape.

"Drive faster! I'll open the front gate. Don't stop even something happens. Understand?!" Shout Taylor to Leora.

"Got it!" Leora shouts back. 

Taylor nodded her head open her door and let it crush the wall in front of them. When they near the guard post-Taylor jump from the vans and beat some of the guards in there. Leora turns her head to check at Taylor anxiously. Leora keeps stepping on the pedal even when Taylor is left behind beating some guards.

Leora closes her eyes when she sees the closed gates in a view meters. She's ready for the crash, both of her hands crossed in front of her head. She's waiting for the impact but it never happens. Just as the van will crash the gates, Taylor who busies beating the never-ending guards runs through the controller to open the gates. Just as Taylor successfully opens the gates a punch landing on her face, makes her continue the fighting.

"Oh, God. I did it." Leora shrieks when she drives away from the cursed mansion.

Just as she happily escaped the mansion, she remember about Taylor, even when Taylor forbid her to drive back, she can't leave her like that. She doesn't know what would Matteo do to Taylor. Just as she wants to turn back her car, she sees in her rearview mirror some of the cars chasing her. With this she can't even turn back to save Taylor, she needs to save herself, and the chip if not all of their work will be in vain.

As she tries to escape the cashing car, suddenly a car stopped in front of her makes her step on the brake harshly. Thanks to her fast reflex her van doesn't crash to the car. Some men get out of the car with a gun in their hands. This makes Leora scared and hides in the back of the van ready to come out from the back door. As she opens the back door one of the men is already in front of her.

"Where is Taylor?" The man asks her. With this, she breathes in relief. At least now she is safe.

"She got stuck in the mansion for me to get through the gates," Leora says with teary eyes.

"Who are you?" The other man asks while checking the van.

"Well I'm Leora and a couple of weeks ago Matteo kidnaps me. Oh, and his men are chasing me and I think they're getting closer." Leora says in trembles.

"Well, we need to hurry. " The first man says.

They got into the car and start driving fastly. As they drive Leora notice 3 other cars driving behind them. She looks behind anxiously. One of the who notice this smile warmly at her, try to make her at ease.

"Don't worry they are our friends." The man says.

"You'll be saved in our base. The Diablo can't get through it." The driver says.

"Thanks guys." She says with a smile in the hope their words are true.