Chapter 48

When Leora arrives at the building, she is in shock at how tall the building is. She is now at one of the skyscrapers in Milan. They are far away from Sicily, and it shocks her that his office is so far away from his mansion. Truthfully she never knows that Italy has a skyscraper, so it shocks her that Matteo owns it.

She walks through the front door and sees that lots of people seem busy. She wants to call Matteo to inform him that she already arrives but she hesitates and chooses not to do it. Well, she can try to walk around here and maybe she can surprise Matteo. Lucky one of her bodyguards follows around behind her, so when she gets lost she can always ask for his help.

Leora walks through the busy revolving door. One of the receptionists comes straight to her and shows her to the private elevator. The kind receptionist guides her with a big smile on her face until they arrive at Matteo's office floor.

During the elevator ride, she was disappointed and played some scenes in her mind. She replays some kind of drama in her mind with the receptionist like in the movies where Matteo will come save her from the bad receptionist who vilify her and fired the receptionist. But she knows that Matteo is a perfectionist and detailed person who will never let that kind of accident happen.

Leora says thank you to the receptionist and leave alone by her. She paused her smile and knocked on the large door in front of her. She can hear his deep voice letting her in. Slowly she push the door and hide her body behind the door so only her head could be seen by him.

Inside she can see that Matteo is busy with something on his computer and didn't even look up to see who is coming. Looking at his serious working attitude, Leora deliberately stays behind the door and just waits until he realizes her presence.

"Come in bambina." He says but still didn't look up from the computer.

Looking at that she pouts and closes the door slowly and walks silently to him. She put her cold hands on his neck and hugged him from behind the chair.

"You're bad. Not welcoming your wife at all." She sighs. He put his hand on her hand and takes her hand so he can kiss her palm.

"I'm busy with something. I'm sorry bella." He says and takes her into his lap.

"Why are you calling me here? And why do you never tell me that it is a long journey? I even need to take the train to come here." She pouts and pinches his arms.

"We need to stay here for a couple of weeks." He says and continue checking some document on his computer while she is still on his lap.

"Where are we gonna stay?" She asks and looks at the computer, even when she can't understand anything that is written at all.

"I have some flat in here." He says and kissing the top of her head.

"So I'm not gonna train?" She asks with a big smile on her face, he chuckled at her joyous face.

"Not a chance bambina, I'll still train you." He says and pinch her cheek lightly.

"Fine. But won't you prepare for the war?" She asks while taking his left hand and playing with it.

"I'm here to take care of it. I won't let my legal company get involved in this war. After all, almost all of my factory is in America."

"Oh right, I kinda forget that you have a big weapon company." She says and sighs, resting her back on his chest fully.

During her wait, until he is done with his job, she has already done many activities. Inspecting his office until walking around the floor. But when she meets one of the employees that greet her with Italy she runs back to his office and chooses not to run around without him.

After finishing his work, he looks down at Leora in his lap and finds out that she is sleeping with her head in his arms that making it numb with the weight of her head. He kisses her head and slowly put her head in his chest before he stretches his entire body which has gone numb after sitting in the chair for hours. He hates doing office jobs the most, that's why he chooses his second in command to handle all of this job while he himself can handle almost all of the mafia jobs.

He tries to shake her gently to wake her up but she doesn't even stir at all. Considering the long journey and her tired body, he decided not to wake her up and carry her outside. Lucky for him, their body is really different in size. She has a short and thin body full of muscle after her training all these years, while he has tall and has much more muscle than an ordinary man. So he can carry her in easily because her weight doesn't burden him at all.

In the middle of the journey, Leora wakes up and realizes her situation. She is so embarrassed knowing that people will notice her princess carried by him. So she pretends to be asleep until they arrive at the car.

It's already dark when they step outside of the building. She doesn't realize that she already sleep for a couple of hours. Maybe she can continue to pretend to sleep so she can avoid the night training that will start tonight. Hopefully, he can buy her acting.

"You are giving me silent treatment or you simply don't want to be awake." He whispers in her ears knowing she already awakens.

"Are you angry because I carry you like that?" He asked with a soft voice while playing with her baby hair. He can see her eyes trembles.

Leora tries so hard not to open her eyes but his soft words make her heart melt. She can bear to open her eyes and speak to him.

"It's embarrassing." She murmurs and sits beside him.

"If you look up back then, you can see that there is nobody around." He says and brings her closer to his embrace.

"Fine, I believe you." She whispers and kisses his cheek.

"You can make your bullets in my flat, I already prepare the stuff for you." He says and put his chin on top of her head.

"Can I meet my family?" A sudden question from her makes his hand stop caressing her hair.

"Why with the suddens questions?" He asks and tilts her chin so that he can see her eyes.

"I just miss them, and with the war coming, I just want my old life back." She says tilting her head away from his face.

"After all of this, I'll do anything you ask." He tries to cheer her up.

"Will they be okay?" She asks.

"I always have men to watch them, even when the first time we meet." He says reassuring her.

"And you always say that we can't be anxious because God always has the best situation for us, even when we don't understand it." She gives him a big smile at his words and hugs him really tight.

"Yeah, you are right. We need to trust in Him. Thanks, husband. I love you." She says after kissing him.

"Say it one more time." He whispers while kissing her lips.

"Ti amo mio marito." She whispers in his language which makes him kiss her harder.
'I love you, my husband.'

____________________

Hi guys could you vote while you read through the chapter?

Oh, and I'm in the middle of a work interview so I'll update much slower than usual.

Hope you can enjoy this chapter :)