Chapter 60

"Like I say I would never betray you." Leora looking straight into his eyes tries to convince him through her eyes. Matteo gritted his teeth and tightened his arms that squeezing her face.

"And what would you say to explain this." He pinches her chin and drags it towards the monitor.

Leora is stunned when she sees that the information about the agency and the corrupt governor from her country is on the news. Something that she never imagined he would do on the same day he received the chip. In a hurry, she turns her body back to face him and with desperation, she holds his hand.

"I just want to explain this to you today. I believe in him and true to what he says, he doesn't leak anything besides the one he needs to release." With nervousness, she tried to explain to him. Her shaking hands try to cup his face so that he can understand her better.

Leora doesn't get any answer from him, she tears her gaze from his face to his clenched fingers on the armrest so tight that makes his entire hands red. She doesn't know what to do in this kind of situation. How to ease her husband and explain to him that she does it for their good.

"I know he isn't a bad man, yes he made some mistake but he promised to fix it. He does fix it don't you see. He tries to bring justice and take the corrupt people down even when he knows once he leaks it he will be in danger." Leora says in a desperate tone but still doesn't get any response from him besides his raging breath.

"Please say something." She whimpers. She doesn't like any of this. She doesn't like to disappoint or anger him. She knows she is a people pleaser so she can't stand in this situation, is like walking on thin ice.

"What do you want me to say?" He asks in an ice-cold tone, which makes her tears fall from her eyes.

"You want me to praise you for what you have done?" He mocked her, grabbed her neck again, and pulled her closer to his face.

"When you clearly know nothing about the danger you just have done." He hissed at her.

"Sono chiaramente troppo arrabbiato per questo." He says and getting up from the chair without letting her go and walking out of the room to the penthouse at the top of the building.

'I'm too angry for this.'

Along the way, she can only bury her head on his neck with her tears still flowing from her eyes. She tries so hard not to sob pitifully at her stupidness. Matteo brought her to his room and lay her down in his bed before walking away without a single word to her. She tries to catch him but once the door is closed she can't even step out of the room. He locked the door with guards guarding in front of the door and around the mansion.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Matteo, I'm sorry!" She yells repeatedly at him while trying so hard to open the locked door.

"I'm sorry." She whimpers and crouching down and rests her body on the door.

Matteo can hear her whimpers behind the door. He is angry at himself because he can't comfort her, but at the same time, he is angry at her for doing something so reckless. He is angry because why she can't understand the thing she has done can hurt their family. She doesn't know that people will go after them for revenge, so many bad people will lose their business because of one single piece of information leaked to the public, and that people will do anything to ruin the people who leaked it. And they only know that he is the one who owns the information, so they will go after him and the people around him.

He needs to meet that stupid man who so recklessly does something dangerous so that he can save his own name. He will settle a score with him, he will make sure that he will pay for all the things he has done until now.

"Prenditi cura di lei bene" He tells the guards before leaving the penthouse.

'Take care of her well'

______

"Hahaha, you don't need to do all of this to catch me you know." Charlie chuckles when Matteo's men put him on his knees with bruises face and body. His legs and arms are tied tightly behind his body.

"I'll come to you if you call me. After all, I owe your wife a thankful visit." He smirks at him.

"You know approaching my wife is really bad move that you do." Matteo stood up from his chair and walked towards him with a knife in his hand.

"I know. But I'm desperate you know. Things start to get out of my plans." Charlie says while avoiding his gaze.

Matteo suddenly punched his face hard enough to make his body fall down.

"I really want to know what is inside your head to act so foolishly like that. You know you endangered not only innocent people but your girlfriend also." Matteo drags his body to sit straight again.

"My wife trusts you, so tell me a good reason that I'm the one who is wrong in here." Matteo slaps his face slowly so many times.

"I never want to betray my team. I'm doing that to try to dig those corrupt agencies, once I know who is involve and what kind of business transaction they have it'll be easy to take them out of the government system."

"It takes all my life to dig this deep. But you do it only 5 years to gather that valuable information." Charlie laughed at his own failures.

"When the agency found out about the chips, I thought it was only a dummy, after all it was almost imposible, too good to be true. I don't even belief it when Taylor says all of it is true. But when the situation is out of my control, innocent people getting dragged into my fights, I can't help but dragged your family again."

"But trust me, they won't go after you. They know now that it is me who has done that, I leave a message so they will go after me like I want. I owe you too much to put you and your family in danger."

"And why do you think I'll trust you with all of your words?" Matteo laughs at him.

"I know you promised Leora to get away from this mafia world. I can help you with that. Setting up a new identity and all. Well, I can give you a fresh start. Call this number and you'll get what you want. Once you get what you want, then we are even." Charlie says and takes the card from his pocket after opening his tied hand easily.

"I never imagined my self to cooperate with a mafia man, even to thank you like this. But thanks Matteo for everything. You are really a prodigy, take this mafia at a young age, even make a name by scaring those dangerous people with information."

"You think I'll let you out of this easily?" Matteo laughs at his audacity. Looking at his disbelief Charlie only sighed and walked towards him. He whispers something in his ears and taps his shoulder after that.

"You should really take care of Leora, she is such a sweet girl. And thanks for not killing my girlfriend. I think I owe you another favor for that one. Just call that number if you need anything. My offer is still on the table until you reject it." Charlie says and walks away.

"che colpo di scena" Matteo whispers, still can't believe what he just heard.

______

Happy new year guys