Chapter 16

"What should I do?" She asks, standing in front of him.

"Try to attack me and I'll show some move to defend yourself." He says and stands firm.

Leora hesitates for a couple of minutes before she starts throwing some punches towards him. He just stands firm and observes her moves. He corrects some of her moves, starting from how she stands and how her shoulder should move.

After a lot of punches, her hands start swelling and getting red. She starts to complain to him about how tired she is and how to hurt her hands are. Even her shoulder and legs are sore. But after all her reasons he continues the train until he sees some improvement in her moves.She throws herself at the carpet happily after he stopped the training. Sweats cover her body and her face is red because of her extensive activities. She stares at him with envy. After all the exercise they have done, he's not sweating at all. He looks perfectly normal after their hard exercise, seems like he is used to all this exercise, even this exercise seems nothing compared to what he did.

"Can we go now?" She asks after even out her breath.

"Like this?" He asks teasingly. He was amused by her eagerness.

"Of course not! I'll take a bath, use a pretty dress and use some make-up." She says excitedly.

"By the way, will we do this exercise every day?" She asks worriedly.

"Yes, until you get better and your stamina is stronger." He says and helps her to get up.

"Fine! If I die young, I'll blame you," She says sulking and walking ahead out of the room.

"You're exaggerating Bambina." He chuckles and walks after her.

They go to their room to do some preparation to go to the church. She walks slowly and grumbles because of her sore body. Luckily she doesn't being beaten by him. She needs a cold shower to relax her sore muscle. She hopes after they go to church she doesn't need to do some heavy activities. She wants to lie all day long while watching and eating some snacks. But she doesn't want to exchange all of the relaxing activities to go to church. She doesn't know when he will allow going outside this golden cage, so she doesn't want to waste this opportunity.

After changes, her clothes to a summer dress and doing some light makeup she goes down the stairs ready to go. But before they go, Matteo introduces her to her bodyguards. There is 2 team that will guard her, and all of them are women. For this journey, the first team will guard her along with his bodyguard. A view of them will follow them and the rest will disguise and guard them against afar.

For this time Matteo chose to drive his car and let her pick his collection for this drive. She is in awe when sees a lot of cars in his garage. She doesn't shock by all of these expensive cars, after all, he already shows her how rich he is. She picks the most normal car in the garage. She doesn't want to attract unwanted attention; after all, they just want to go to the church.

They start to drive out of the mansion, followed by their bodyguards. She can't shake her excitement to go outside the mansion but there's some nervousness that her plan to escape maybe fail and be found out by him. She focuses all her attention on the outside scenery, at least she can distract her mind with beautiful scenery.

"Do we need all of these bodyguards?" She asks. She just wants to go to church like a normal person. But it seems impossible with all the bodyguards that following them, and her escape plan may be successful when no bodyguards are watching her every move.

"Yes." He answers without any explanation.

"Why?" She asks again to try to dig for more information from him.

"Because we need it." He simply answers and sternly looks at her, making her stop giving him more questions.

The rest of the drive is full of silence. Leora is too nervous to talk and doesn't want to give any hint of her escape plan to him. While Matteo simply drives the car in silence and watches her from the corner of his eyes.

When they arrive at the church, she hesitates to go out without his permission. She waits for him to go out first and opens her door and lets her out. He holds her hand and walks to the church like a couple. There aren't too many people visiting church right now. Most people already went to the church yesterday at the holy day.

She excitingly walks to the church, she greets a lot of people in there, her smile is so bright like a sun makes everyone who sees it will melt by her charm. Contradicting to her bright spirit Matteo looks so scary with his poker face. He seems out of place with all his suit and dark aura around him.

All the bodyguards spread around the church far from them. She's glad that the bodyguards don't follow her around. She runs ahead of him to the priest and talks to him happily. While they chat, Matteo waiting in the corner of the church and watching around her. After the talk, she starts praying and sings some hymns.

After the ceremony, she keeps still in her seat and writes something in Hebrew on the back of the Bible. She writes about her situation and writes some SOS to warn the priest. She knows most of the priests can speak Hebrew and Latin. She thanks God, because for her perseverance in understanding the Bible she learned Hebrew. She hopes with this skill she can help Matteo, and come back to her ordinary life.

After writing some SOS in the Bible, she tries to hide her nervousness with her big smile and hugs the bible tightly in her chest. She walks to the front of the mimbar but she tripped herself because of her nervousness. Fortunately, there is one of the bodyguards that help her.

She doesn't realize that she drop her Bible and the papers inside of the Bible scattered around including her SOS massage. Other bodyguards help her to collect the papers and the Bible, with this she can just hope that the bodyguard doesn't know any of the Hebrew languages, or she will be punished by Matteo for sure.

Leora sigh lightly when the bodyguard gives her the Bible without saying anything. She tells them she is okay in hurry and walks fastly to give the Bible to the priest. After she finished her task, she tells Matteo that she needs to go to the bathroom to normalize her breath and emotions.

While staring at the mirror while relaxing her face by smiling and making some silly faces. Suddenly the bodyguard that helps her pick the scattered papers opens the door. She walks to her with a serious face makes Leora nervous.

Did she get caught? Did Matteo read the paper? She doesn't know what happens, but for sure she has a bad feeling about the bodyguard. The bodyguard stands in front of her and unclips her earpiece. Leora watched her with a nervous gaze. She takes a step back slowly to avoid the bodyguard.

"I can help you." The bodyguard suddenly said.