Chapter 26

Leora wakes up pretty late. She has a good sleep despite her arms still being cuffed in his bed. Her lack of arm movement makes her realize her situation. She looks for him beside her and she found nothing but a cold bed. There were just some wrinkles on the bed, proof that he really sleep next to her for the entire night. He seems to wake up early in the morning, probably workout and dealing with his business if he still has the same habit as they were together.

After resting for the entire night, now she ready for some action. She needs to get out of the cuffs and this room. She still needs to find where Taylor is. After all, she knows that he won't tell her sooner or later. 

She still has some things on her sleeve, with the secret weapon that Eudith makes for her, she can break open the cuffs. After making sure that the cuffs are really open and there is no CCTV in the room to alert him, she secretly goes to the door. 

Just as she expected, there are some bodyguards that heavily guard the room. She needs to search for some weapon in the room. She will lose if she faces those bodyguards empty-handed. She knows better, that Matteo never hired useless men, his men always are excellent in everything. After all, this is his territory, Milan, the city that he rules. 

She searches in his room for some weapon. It seems impossible if she can't find any weapon in the room of Mafia's Don. Well even if she can't find anything in the room, she's sure there will be some secret storage in the room for the weapon, or maybe if she is lucky she can find some important document in the hideout.

Just as she thought there are some weapons hidden deep behind the bookshelf. Unluckily there aren't any secret documents like she thought. After gathering some of the bullets and a few handguns with the silencer, she's ready to go.

She sneaks from the door and carefully takes one of the guards without killing them. She never kill anyone, even when she joined her agency. Her bullet is special, it'll never kill, it just makes the target paralyzed for the entire time. There are drugs that make people paralyzed inside the bullet. So when somebody gets hit by her bullet, it'll inject the drugs with a tiny needle. She misses her weapon, it's much more effective than a regular bullet. After all the drugs inside the bullet are so effective that'll work in a minute. Because of that, she's known as a sleeping beauty. Not because she always sleeps, but she always makes people sleep.

After taking one of the bodyguards down, the entire building seems to know that. Matteo men are always as effective and competent as it's famous. Gunshots sound as soon as she walks away from the hallway.

"Fudgy jelly. How can they know?!" Leora cursed.

She runs to another way of the hall, but it seems the gunfire is still being shoot behind her. She can just pray to her God that she can get out from this alive. Tired of running away, she hides behind some pilar and tries to take down one of them. She still held onto her principal and just shoot their right hands. She knows that once their hand is down they can't shoot her again, hopefully.

But she's so wrong. She can't believe that they can shoot with both of their arms. She sighs tiredly, she just can applause at Matteo's men. As she shoots some of the men's arms and takes them down, she runs out of ammo.

"Shoot! I need to get out from here fast. It seems that they really trying to kill me."

Leora runs from there in hurry. But when she just thinks to enter some of the big rooms in the mansion like a castle, one of the guards successfully shoots her. Makes her arms scratch with a bullet as she tries to avoid the shoot. 

She failed to open the door. She leaned on the door to hide from the bullet rain. She doesn't have any option left. The only thing is to surrender. But she doesn't think they'll have mercy on her. The shooting that keeps going on, even when she is pushed into the corner like this, it means they really want to kill her. One thing that she can do is run from here when they reload their bullet. As soon as she has the chance, she runs with her might, hoping that it's not the dead-end hall but it's a way out. 

As she runs as she might, she finally reached the end of the hall and meet with some outdoor space as the sunlight dazzle her eyes. As soon as she can see clearly, she can see some group of people in the other hall. It looks like she isn't the only one who realizes their presence. Some people in the group try to point their guns at her. The moves of the people that seem to be bodyguards alert the rest of their group. This makes Leora panic, as she can hear the gunshot from behind that still doesn't seem to stop yet. She doesn't have any other way out.

She runs to the open space that seems to be some terrace that faces the garden maze. Crap, she doesn't want to be trapped in that dangerous maze. She doesn't have Eudith that will lead her to the exit like she used to. As she thinks the better way, she seems to recognize that Matteo is one of the people in the group. As soon as she sees him, she doesn't think and runs to him.

The bodyguards that guard Matteo and his guest seem to be on high alert. As soon as they see her coming their way, one of the guard release one bullet that successfully shoots her in the shoulder. 

"God it hurts." She shouts as she falls to the ground. 

The bodyguards are still on high alert, ready to shoot her when she tries something. Seeing this, Matteo signal the bodyguards to drop the weapon. Matteo walks through the bodyguards and walks closer to her. He crouches down beside her and stares at her.

"You won't help me and just stare at me?" She asks in a hiss as Matteo checks her injured arms.

"And what do you think I do now?" He says in sarcasm.

"You won't be a maniac and kill your men to shoot me?" She asks in a teasing tone.

"Why would I? They just do their jobs."

"What if I die because your men just do their job?" 

"You won't. They won't kill anybody if I don't command them to. And how come you can break free from the cuffs?" He says as he looks into her eyes.

"Well, you really underestimate me. But how come you just have a little bullet in your save? Look what it made me, if you have tons of bullets, I won't be in this state." She mutters to him.

"If you just show them this necklace to them. They won't be brave to hurt you like this." Matteo says as he takes out the necklace from inside her clothes. 

A small trace of a smile can be seen on his face as he caresses the necklace. He seems pleased that she still uses his ring as a necklace as he told her in these two years.