Chapter 20

"What's happened here?" Matteo says in his deep voice.

His voice makes Leora open her eyes, and seek him. When she finds him, everyone can see the sparkle in her eyes. She giggled at herself and run to him.

"Matty!" She shouts and throws herself at him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks her to find her behavior strange.

"Nothing, I'm finee~" She giggled at herself while trying to climb Matteo big's body.

Looking at the weird behavior of the girl, Matteo just lets her do whatever she wants. He helps her to get a comfortable place in his arms. She giggles when she realizes she's in Matteo's arms. She snuggled more into his neck.

"Do you drink Bambina?" Matteo asks the girl who starts kissing his neck.

"Nooo! I'm a good girl." She complains and push her from his neck and cup his face with both hands.

"Did she drink?" Matteo asks both Taylor and Anna who stand near them.

"No Don." Anna answers.

"See I've told you. I'm a good girl." Leora beams with pride.

"What do you eat today?" Matteo ask the girl with a stern voice.

"I eat breakfast with you and I haven't eaten lunch. Oh no! My poor tummy. But I eat some brownies. Some guy offers me some brownies and it's delicious!" She tells Matteo in a childish tone.

"Find the man," Matteo says to one of his men. One of his men nodded his head and scurry away to look at the CCTV.

"You don't have to find the man, he will call you," Leora says suddenly and snuggles her head to his neck.

"I give him your phone number. He asks me to barter his number with brownies. I give yours." Leora whispers to him, starting to feel tired.

"Smart girl." He praises.

Krystal who stands aside and watches their interaction starts to feel annoyed. She understands now that Leora has someplace in his heart, the way that she longed is her. But for now, she needs to speak to him. She needs to warn him about her. Her goal is in front of her just a little bit again, she needs to do whatever she can to ensure her goals.

"Matteo, can we speak?" Krystal asks with confidence. Matteo looks at her and nods his head. The simple gesture makes her sure that she still has the chance to be with him.

"Can you go to them, Bambina?" Matteo asks the tired girl in his arms.

"Nooo. I want to cuddle." Leora protests and snuggled closer to him.

"Anna," Matteo calls her and passes the tired girl to her.

"Don't leave..." Leora whines like a child.

"Go to her and we'll talk later," Matteo says in a stern voice make Leora pout but obediently follow his instructions.

He checked on her once again before walking away from the room followed by Krystal. He stops at one of the meeting rooms in the hotel.

"Talk." Matteo command.

"You know that it'll be better if we're together right? You can have the power my father had. We had a deal." Krystal says in a calm tone, try to remember him about the opportunity.

"Asia will be at your hand, with this not just Europe you'll have Asia too. That's half the world you know."

"I never promised to marry you. Tell your father the deal is still going but we never agreed on marrying." Matteo says looking at her with sharp eyes.

"You'll choose her as the donna don't you?" Krystal asks.

"It's not your business." Answer Matteo in a cold tone.

"It is. I'm after your power. We've money and with your power, the Chinese mafia will have everything. You know better I'll be the better donna. Pity that you can't take a mistress. If you can I'll let you go to her. I never care about the silly love, but she's on the way to my goal. Just a little step again, I'll be at the peak. So I'll do in my might to get there. With your corporation or not." She says with determination.

"Do whatever you like," Matteo says.

"But I can tell she's a genuine girl. She's cute, I can tell the opposite attract you have. You're cute together. Pity that I need to separate both of you. But if you have another way for me to achieve my goal, feel free to tell me. I'm rooting for you. I'll tell my father about the massage. Soon I'll go back to China. Spend the most of your time with her before I go back here." She says and starts to walk away from the room.

"Will you come tomorrow?" Matteo asks.

"I'll never miss the chance to see you announcing your donna. Keep her better once you announce her, everybody will have her throat. Send her my apologies. I'm scaring her a little I guess. Bye Matteo, til latter." Krystal says and walks away from the room.

Krystal closed the door and stood leaned back at the door. She sighed loudly, feeling a bit dejected. She doesn't know how to face her father. He'll be furious.

"It'll be great if he loves me. Everything will be easier." She mumbles and walks away.

Matteo is still inside the room, standing in front of the window, staring at the sky. He is thinking about the problem. He's been aware since the Chinese mafia sending his daughter here, that he's eyeing his position. Krystal has been tried to seduce him in every single opportunity. But he just simply doesn't care. But he needs to take this matter seriously right now. He needs to make a lot of allies, and can't recklessly make some enemies like he used to.

The more the enemies the more they'll after Leora. He cannot risk that. If work is his priority before, now Leora is his number one priority. He should think of a lot of ways to make Leora away from this life if he can. But now he needs to go to his girl who is currently under influence of the drugs.

He doesn't know who is stupid enough to do his action in his territory. But he'll make sure that the man will not be alive after this. Somebody tries to rape his girl and he'll have death as a consequence. He walks away from the room but stopped by a text that says his men captured the bastard that try to hurt his girl. With a sly smirk shown on his face, it looks that he can let his pet play for tonight.

When he arrives at the bar, he gets a hug as a welcoming. Leora clings to him and doesn't want to get out of his arms. He just sighed at the girl and carry her in his arms. It seems today is his lucky day to get stuck by her for the entire day. Even he is happy with this he doesn't happy that she's not fully conscious right now. He needs to check her to her doctor, and maybe pump out the drugs of her system.

"Where are we going, Matty?" Leora whispers loudly when they walk away from the hotel.

"Mansion." He answers shortly and carefully got inside the car with her in his arms.

"Home... Can we swim again? I love swimming." She giggles at petting her head to his body like a cat.

"Of course but we need to get the drugs out of your system first," Matteo says and petting her head lightly making her purring like a cat. Cute he thoughts.

"I like you, Matty, don't leave me okay," Leora says half asleep.

"Don't leave with the mean girl." She mumbled before she is fully asleep.

Matteo who hears her voice just chuckles. He is amused that his pure girl can get jealous of someone. He is satisfied that Leora finally thinks of him as boyfriend material, and her jealousy is proof that she started to like him. With this thought, he has a small smile for the entire day.