Chapter 10

After 3 days of recuperation in his room, today is the last day for Leora to bed rest. All this time, she sleeps in his room, while he rests on the sofa. He insisted to watch her during her recuperation time. She feels bad because it is his room and she sleeps on his bed while he sleeps on the sofa. But every time she wants to tell him that she can go back to her room, he avoids the conversation.

She can start to speak today. Since the morning she tries to speak more than typing on the phone. She's happy because she healed faster than the doctor expects. But still, her voice is so raspy after doesn't use for so long.

She's now walking around the castle. She gets bored after 3 days of being stuck in one room and doesn't allow her to go anywhere besides the bathroom. She knows that he limits her movement because he wants her to recover faster, but still she gets bored for doing nothing. All-day she just reading some novels and Bible that he gives besides watching movies.

Today he leaves her alone for the first time because there's something he needs to do in his office. She's joyful after hearing that. She sneaks from her room and starts exploring the castle. He never gives her a tour around the castle. She giggles at herself because she feels like Belle from Beauty and the Beast after says this house is a castle. She can relate to herself to the movie. He is the beast who held her captives in his big castle.

The house is magnificent; she can't stop ogling at the house for her entire walk. She squealing happily when she found an indoor swimming pool. She loves to swim and later she will swim here a lot.

When she walks more deeply into the castle, she sees more closed doors and the place is getting creepier. She thinks it's his secret chamber when he tortures his enemies, or something creepy. She can't help to imagine him being so vicious and scary when torture his enemies. She doesn't ever want to be on his bad side, even more, his enemies.

When she just wants to walk away, because the place getting creepier, suddenly a gun shoot echoing in the hallway. She's in shock, her body freeze in the middle of the hallway. Her mind is blank because of great shock. She can't even blink properly. Cold sweat starts to stream down from her body.

After a few minutes of shock, her brain starts to function normally. She walks slowly to the wall because she thinks that her body needs something to lean on. She walks with her shaky legs to the wall. After leaning on the wall and hug her knees, curling into a ball, her tears start to fall from her cheeks. She starts saying her prayer and speak to God.

After a few minutes of silence, her breathing starts to get calm and her body no longer shaking. She decided to check the source of the sound. She wants to know if everything is okay and nobody gets hurt. She starts to walk shakily getting closer to the basement.

The door creaking loudly when she opens it. She can see stairs to go down and how dark is it downstairs. There's just a dim light at the end of the stairs. She hesitates to go down, but she remembers that she already promised to help and know the situation.

She walks faster than usual but still carefully walks down the stairs. Getting close to the end of the stairs, she can see another big door. She can hear a lot of groans and punches from inside. She has a bad feeling about this. When her scary feeling getting more overwhelmed, she decided to walk out of the place. Whimpers of a woman stop her feet. Her shocked face quickly turns to the door, anticipate another sound of the woman.

She walks slowly and silently to the door. With all of the braveness left inside of her, she opens the door slowly to peek at what is inside. She holds her breath and closes her mouth, to make sure not a single sound can leave from her mouth whatever she sees inside.

She can't look inside because of the lack of light, but she can see shadows of men punches at something, but she clearly knows that they're punching at a human being. Out of nowhere, she bravely shoves the door and helps the poor bruised man.

The people inside were shocked at suddenly a tiny girl come out from nowhere and shoving them while helping the bleeding man. Instantly all of the men looking at the boss sitting in the chair in the corner of the room. They can't see anything from his face, even he doesn't let any expressions let us from the stoic face. He just stares at the girl, tries to figure out why she is here in the first place.

She can see that the mean is getting weaker. She is instantly scared that the man will die. She doesn't want anybody to die without giving them a chance to be happy and see the world from a better perspective. She wants everyone to have faith, know God, and feel happy without any worry about anything. She doesn't want him to suffer. Her eyes start to tears. She can feel his anguish when the hurt looks staring at her eyes. She can see the man pleading to help him and the girl out from here.

"Please, help him." She pleads while pressing the bleeding wound. She looks around the room and finally finds Matteo in the corner of the room. Their gaze meets, he holds his gaze at her while she pleads with her eyes.

"Please Matteo, help him." She whispered pleading.

The rest of the people seems shocked that this girl knows the famous Diablo real name. What surprised them even more, the mighty Diablowalk closely to the girl. Everyone in the room holds their breath as he walks. The sounds of his step and the groaning from the injured man, are the only sounds in the silent room. He doesn't talk and walk with a suppressing aura around the room. Leora feels scared and trembles in front of Matteo, but she tries to suppress her nature to run away and bravely held the man in her arms tightly.

"Let go." He says to her with a warning in his eyes. He doesn't like the fact that the lowly bastard can be in her arms. He doesn't like it when she concerns about someone else besides him. She is his, nobody can take her.

"Please, help him." She insists. The man in her arms is getting weaker. He needs to go to the hospital very soon. If not, he will die because of losing too much blood. Even she knows maybe she will be too late to save him, but at least she can try and get him to the hospital, there's still hope.

With a quick gesture, he takes his pistol and shoots the man on his heart. Nobody can't see clearly when he takes his pistol out or when he shot him. He is famous for his clean and fast murderous. The men in the room are shocked, this is the first time they see the boss kill someone. They feel pride and frightened at the same time.

For one minute she still pleading to Matteo to save the man, and another minute she can feel something cold and wet on her clothes. She can smell iron from his blood. Her mind can't comprehend the situation. Her pupil shrunk and she can hear the other woman screaming.Her mind seems to freeze. She can't breathe, she tries to take slowly breathing but she can't. Her mind is a mess; she wants to screams but her mouth can't be opened. Her sight starts to blurry and blackout. It's getting hard for her to breathe when her brain starts to comprehend the situation. Her body can't cope with the situation. Her body starts to shut down. She faints in Matteo's arms.

"Get rid of the body." He says while taking unconscious Leora.

"The woman sir?" One of the men says while looking at the sobbing woman in the corner of the room.

"Take her to the brothel." He says and walks away from the basement.He looks at the unconscious girl. He can see dried tears and swollen eyes. Before this, he can see that she already cries before. He knows for sure that the girl heard the gun shoot from before. He sighed loudly, right now he doesn't know how to act in front of her. He can't change the way he is, but he wants to be nice to satisfy his girl. For now, he just can curse at his stupidity for not alerting the little girl about the basement.

*I'll stop posting in Patreon for awhile, if you want to read until chapter 14 you can visit my Patreon