2. Jett

"Why did we agree to do this?" I mutter to Grey, prodding him with my foot as he slouched in the hard wooden chair in front of me.

"You know the parents like us to get involved, freshman orientation is an easy tick to do that, also means we can see what's good and what's not" Ash replies lazily.

I lift my hand getting Raven's attention as he strolls back into the hall, he had just done his show round, the dorky guy had almost fallen over when he had been matched with Raven.  And I had no doubt my brother would have been a terror the whole way round, he thrived on winding people up given any chance and the guys fear would have made him and easy target. No-one would ever describe Raven as a people person.

"Your turn next" Raven laughs as he drops into the seat.

"Jett!" I hear Ms Jeffries call from her desk and groan getting up to the sound of my brothers laughter and heading for her desk, my step faltering as I see the student I am supposed to show around... it's a girl.  Unusual, normally Ms Jeffries would only pair us with the same sex student.

"Ms Jeffries" I greet with a smile and hide my grin as the elderly administrator blushes at me.

"Jett, this is Viridian Waters, here is her timetable and dorm allocation, she shares a similar course schedule to you, so I think you are better placed to show her round the labs.  Behave" she instructs and I nod, finally turning to face the waiting girl.

"Wow" I mutter out loud as my eyes lock with hers, I have never seen such a vibrant shade of green, "Are you wearing contacts" I blurt out and she blushes dropping her head and breaking the eye contact.

"No" she replies softly and Ms Jeffries huffs from behind her desk.

"Thats enough Jett" she scolds before asking "Ms Waters, would you rather I found someone else to show you round?"

The girl blushed scarlet and I could see just how uncomfortable she was at the attention and question and its all my fault. "I am sorry Ms Waters, I promise I did not mean to make you uncomfortable, I would be honoured to show you round... please" I rush to apologise and feel relief when she nods.

"Ms Jeffries?" I check back with her and she nods, her gaze slipping between the girl and I.

"Welcome to Stirling I do hope you will be very happy here" she tells her with a smile, before shooting me a warning look.  Interesting it looks like Ms Jeffries had already taken a liking to this student.

"Thank you" she replies turning back to face me and I can see her taking a deep breath before looking up at me.

I hold out my hand "Good morning, I am Jett Steele" I tell her and after a slight hesitation she puts her hand in mine, I look down at it, surprised at just how delicate but right it feels in mine.

"Viridian Waters" she announces quietly and I smile releasing her, a unique name, I won't be forgetting that one in a hurry.

"This way" I say, indicating she lead the way out of the hall, my gaze swinging back to my brothers who are all sat looking shocked. I grin and send them a gesture, as I sweep her out of the room, sorry boys, this ones mine, I think with a smile.

The girl was an enigma, I had felt her slight shiver when I put my arm around her but then she had firmly pushed me away, that had never happened before and I was intrigued. 

I had done the most in depth show round I could think of, taking time in the labs to introduce her to the tech guys, actually wanting to spend the time with her, listen to her ask questions and see what caused her eyes to light up, like the equipment in the physics department, she had shown little interest in the social parts of the campus, just nodding when I pointed out the student bars and cafes but her eyes had gleamed again at the library building, 

Then we had been at her dorm and I had shown her everything on the ground floor, wanting to prolong the time but  eventually we were at her dorm room, she was lucky it was at the end of the corridor and I knew these were larger that most other rooms, with a full bath and again I had seen her eyes light up.  Then she had dismissed me and offered a handshake... a handshake, I hid my grin and couldn't resist pulling her into a hug, whispering an excuse in her ear before she had pushed me away and ordered me out.

I had wandered slowly back to the auditorium to join my brothers my mind thinking about her and her adamance that she was not interested in dating, wondering what would it take to change her mind.

Ash was the only one still there and I dropped into my seat next to him, kicking my feet up of the chair below and leaning back "You good?" he questioned with a raised brow.

"She's not interested in dating" I mutter out my mind still on Viridian.  When I close my eyes I can still see the stunning green of hers, I wonder why no dating, Did she have a boyfriend?  Was she into girls? I shook my head, No she had reacted to me, I didn't imagine that shiver. Maybe it was just nerves, I could help her settle in...

"Who?" Ash pokes at me, bring me out of my musings. "That girl you showed round, What was up with Jeffries giving you a girl?"

"Her name is Viridian Waters, she's into the sciences,  That's why Ms Jeffries asked me to show her round"

"So... she's a nerd, shame" Ash says and I growl before I realise.

"Shit, she really got to you, didn't she" he laughs and I ignore him, not needing to admit it, especially not to him.

Ash's phone pings and he pulls it out, before pushing back in his seat, "We're done, the others are picking up pizza, you coming" he laughs and I kick out, laughing myself as he jumps back out of reach.

"Too slow" he taunts and together we head back to our apartment.