18. Raven

The Librarian, hurried towards me as I entered the library. "Mr Steele, This note was left for you" she called, passing me the plain envelope with only my name on, before hurrying off.

I headed upstairs, still thinking over what had happened with Jamison this morning, I needed to tell Ash and Grey...  I stopped mid stride as I read the words on the letter I had just opened.

'Library Rear Car Park 10am 

Don't be late!'

What the hell, I shook my head, this had to be from her family, I grinned, wondering what they would do if I was late, would it be worth finding out, or could it mess up what we were trying to have with Viri.

A quick glance at my watch told me I was nearly out of time to make a decision, so I went with my gut and headed towards the back staircases and out into the car park.

The blacked out SUV was sat in the centre of the car park, a second SUV parked blocking the car park entrance, at my approach a suited goon got out of the front and opened the rear door "Get In" he grumbled at me.

I stopped and looked at him "Why?" and hid my grin at his look of confusion, he was obviously not used to being questioned.

"Raven Steele" a male voice calls from inside the car and I take one more step forward looking inside curiously. The guy inside looks about my age but has a shock of white hair and very distinct features... a cousin then but which one?

"I just want to talk, my name is Leo, I am Viridian's cousin" he informs me and again going with my gut, I step forward and get into the car.

He looks me over before giving the instruction to his men "Go"

Sitting back, I try to keep my cool, not sure if he is trying to intimidate me or this was how he usually was, I didn't think I was at risk from him, he was here to ask questions, if he had wanted to hurt me or my brothers, I was sure this would have gone down completely differently.

"So Talk" I say and he laughs before grinning at me and holding out his hand. 

"Let's start again, I'm Leo"

"Raven" I reply and shake his hand. "Want to tell me why I am here... and why you are not talking directly to Viri"

He fidgets and sighs "Ah yes, Viri can get a little annoyed with our... watching over her and she made us all promise to not interfere while she was here"

"But..." I prompt him.

"But, my darling cousin has been acting out of character and on talking to her security team a number of things have come to light" he explains.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the one claiming to be her 'boyfriend'" his derision at the term was clear, "But her team think that could be wrong and the there appear to be others seeking her out" he paused again. "We just need her to be safe, and if its not safe then we will take her home"

"No you won't" I tell him calmly, even though I want to shout the denial out. "She belongs here, with me... and my brothers, we can protect her"

He watches me with narrowed eyes "So much of what you have just said we need to talk about" he growls out.

"Sir, we are here" the goon in the front tells us as the car swings into an underground garage.

My heartbeat kicks up a gear as the car travels deeper into the darkness before stopping.

"Come on" Leo says as our doors are opened and he gets out.  I take a deep breath before following and joining him next to a lift, which was open and waiting for us.  "This way" he steps in, the guards standing each side of the doors, not joining us.