12. Jett

Ash and Grey were already with me in the car when Raven text to say we needed to head to the library, I knew that meant Viri was with him, but also that something had happened.  What?

His second message to come in the back way also ramped up the tension, was someone out there?

I felt relief when we finally opened the door and walked into the study room my brother had claimed last year as his space, the room was secure and house a collection of works donated from our family libraries and given that pops had funded most of this section of this library it was a safe as our house for her.

"What happened?" I asked stopping beside her and dropping to my haunches so I could see her face.

We all watched the myriad of emotions cross her face as she looked at me, then slid her gaze to Raven, I looked at him, waiting.

"Jamison asked her out" he tells us and I see him grin at Viri, as we all start talking at once.

"When?" "Bastard!"

"How?" "Did he touch you?" "I'll kill him!"

"Are you okay?" the words from us all jumbled together and she looked at us wide eyed as Raven chuckles.

"Wow, he really is a problem" she muses waving at the other chairs, "Sit and tell me what the hell is going on" she mutters and we all grin as she closes her books and looks at us.

We really shouldn't be smiling but this girl surprises us at every turn, she's perfect.

Raven pulls out the chair beside her and I watch as she unconsciously leans towards him as we all settle.  "You said you did some digging and heard some things over the weekend, now there's something you need to tell me" she prompts Raven.  She looks at us "Your brothers are here you said it affects us all, so tell me whats going on" she finishes and focusses on Raven again.

"First we need you to know, we are sorry.  Sorry that our interest in getting to know you more is causing this, we never even thought this might happen" I butt in before he speaks and she nods, holding my gaze.

Raven explains what we heard on Friday night and what else we discovered over the weekend, I watched her face pale as he mentioned the betting pool Sigma Beta had going, she had asked for more details, what did it mean and had looked sick as Ash had explained it to her.

"And Jamison?" she has queried

"Last year Jamison's girlfriend came onto me at a party, I don't know she was with him, I had had a bit to drink and she was friendly" I blushed as I explained myself, "He caught us making out, punched me in the face and dragged her away. she told him I had seduced her, that she had said no" I paused. "When he accused me in front of everyone, I called the police, she was saying I was trying to rape her, he was backing her up. The Police came and eventually she came clean and other witnesses backed me up as well, He has hated me ever since, the girl left and moved to another college, another state. I didn't even think till his name was mentioned this weekend that he could be a threat"

"Are there any more?"

"More what?" Grey questioned.

"Do you all have anyone else out to get you that may target me?" she replied quietly.

Raven, reached for her hand and uncurled her tight fist gently. "There is no-one else that we are aware of but if we hear or find out, we will let you know"

"Viri, my offer still stands, be my girlfriend and you'll be protected" she raises a brow, looking at him silently "Not that we won't all protect you anyway" he rushes out "But it will make people stop talking, speculating.  I know you want to focus on your studies so let's do this as friends.  Be our friend Viri"