28. Grey

The room is silent after Viri, Ma and Jett head upstairs.
But Raven and Leo are caught up in a stare off and Dom's eyes are on Ash and I. I feel myself grin as I realise just how much of a soap opera our life has become, not that I would change anything, not if it meant losing Viri.

"What did you get on St John?" Raven asks.
"Enough to make sure he will do as told" Leo replies, his grin showing just how comfortable he was with the darker side of his world.

"And if it doesn't?" Raven pushes.
"Then we will deal with him" Leo narrows his gaze on Raven until Dom's hand on his arm stops him.

"Look, we all have a common goal here, protecting Viri, and we have had much more experience in dealing with her" He laughs "She is a trouble magnet, so it was only a matter of time before we would have been here anyway"

"What do you mean?" I ask curious, has she had problems before. "Apart from her ex and the friend that set her up"
"She told you about that?" Dom sounds surprised.
"She did, and I know about the incident in the elevator" I add.

This brings all the eyes my way, I hadn't had a chance yet to talk to any of my brothers and this wasn't how I saw this going but...
"She hates elevators, I noticed and she told me why" I tell them all.

I watch as Dom and Leo exchanged shocked looks "She never tells anyone that, never" Leo's eyes narrow on mine "When?"
"After the dorm, I also know St John cornered her downstairs and backed her into the elevator with him, luckily she managed not to show her fear, as St John would have capitalised on it"

"Fucker" I saw the fury on Dom's face
Leo patted his arm.  "Think of the positive, she managed to control her fear"
"I... Don't... Care!" Dom growled "How dare he, I want him gone!"
"Okay" Leo agreed easily and I shivered at the grin he shared with Dom.

"We want to help" Raven adds and I watch them both shake their heads.
"No way, she would have our heads" Leo mutters as Dom nods.
"What scared of one little girl" Raven teases and we watch as both Dom and Leo laugh at us.

"Hell yes, just you wait and see, Viri is like no girl you have ever met or ever will meet, there is no way we are letting you guys get your hands dirty, she really would lose it on us" Dom replied.

"What if she doesn't know?" Ash questioned, his head tilted and I knew he was working out ways in his head.
"No way, trust me and listen good, never think that keeping anything from Viri is a good idea, its the fastest way to lose her, she has a sixth sense about nearly everything and if she ever found out you deliberately kept anything from her... just don't, and the argument it was to keep her safe, that's a no too, she will argue she is capable of looking after herself and walk away."
"So let's ask her?" I say watching them.

"Ask who what?' Viri asked from the doorway, Jett stood behind her, his hands on her waist as she leant back into him. Her gaze searching between us all for focussing on Dom.
"Dom?" the order contained in that one word made Dom groan and drag his hands through his hair before he glared at all of us.

"You didn't tell me St John cornered you in the elevator" he grumbled and we watched her eyes narrow assessing us all and then her gaze moved to me and I held up my hands in surrender.

"I didn't know it would such a big deal" I rush out, before pointing back at her cousins "They are going after St John"
"Dom!" this time it wasn't a question but a rebuke, we all heard it but all her cousins did was smile at her.
"And?"
"Your new beau's want to help us" Leo tells her easily, "We said no but they were arguing, we were just putting them straight on how not to hide things from you"

"Suck Up" Dom hissed, thumping his brother as Viri looked between us all.
"Okay" she said, moving into the room and dropping onto Ravens lap as her cousins stared at her open mouthed.
"Okay?" Leo questioned.
"Yes, but with a few ground rules, nothing murdery, and nothing that can come back on any of them or you" she replied.

I looked at Ash who shrugged at me, did that mean we could go after St John, or was I misreading what was and wasn't being said. I must have mumbled the thoughts aloud as Viri looked at me.
"Grey" her voice called me and I looked at her, "It means provided you are careful he is all yours"

We all grinned as Raven wrapped her up into his arm and she squealed as he held her as close as he could.
At the sound of our parents returning Dom flashed us all a look "We will talk more about this tomorrow"

We all nodded, just as Pa returned with Viri's dad and uncle.
"All set?" her uncle asked and her cousins nodded, "We just need to grab our bags from the car" they confirmed.
"Good, good" he replied before turning back to face Ma and Pa.

"Thank you for dinner" Viri's dad shook hands with Pa and gave Ma a kiss on the cheek, as her uncle did the same, he turned to face us, his gaze narrowing slightly at Viri sat on Ravens lap.
"Viri"
She wiggled in Ravens hold and grinned at him as he huffed before letting her go and we all watched her cross the room and into her dads embrace, their heads bent together as he whispered something to her that had her pull back to look at him before hugging him again.

When they stepped apart we could see her father seemed to be battling tears as was Viri.
"We will look after her Sir" I told him, and his gaze searched mine before he nodded.
"We will be back in a couple of days, please take care and stay away from that frat" her Uncle Luka warns and with a quick grin at Viri he guides her father away, Dom and Leo following them out.

Ma moves up next to Viri, a piece of paper in her hands, "We are going to go too, but we will be back soon, and if you need anything at all, please call me... for anything"
"Thank you" Viri replies as Ma hugs her.
"Boys be good" Ma directs at us all and we nod, getting up so we can all give her a hug before they too leave.

Pa looks us all over as we say good bye and seems quite relaxed by everything that had happened. "You okay?" I ask him as we watch Ma gather her things, chatting away to Viri.
"Surprisingly yes, She is lovely and whist I would never have contemplated this for you all, I can see why it would work for you, just don't hurt her, her family are not to be messed with" he claps me on the back and we move towards the door as Dom and Leo come back inside, large duffle bags over their shoulders.