24. Raven

We had left Pa in the study making his calls, he was right, he was best placed to deal with Sigma Beta but I hated that it hadn't been something we could deal with ourselves.

I could hear Viri's voice mixed with Ma's in the kitchen as they cooked together and I felt myself smile, she fit so well with us all and so quickly.  Despite her initial reluctance to engage with each of us, once she had let us in, she had done so fully.  

I wondered how she would react to her father appearing tonight, she knew about Leo but I didn't know if she realised exactly who would be arriving for dinner.  Should we tell her, or would it be better to let everything just play out.

"Boys set the table" Ma called, having seen us all watching them from the doorway.  Viri blushing as she sent us a little wave before turning back to whatever she was making.  It all smelt lovely and judging by the amount of pans on the go they were cooking up a feast.

"Ma, Can I help?" I ask from the doorway after the others had moved to follow Ma's instruction, I saw her check round and nod. pointing me to the work top by Viri.

"Cut that bread and put it in these baskets, then can you put some water jugs on the table, then grab a couple of bottles of wine up from the cellar, when you have done that I will have some more for you... and don't interfere with Viri, she is busy" Ma rushes out and I laugh, maybe this wasn't the easy option and I should have stayed with my brothers.

As soon as Ma's back was turned, I quickly dropped a kiss on Viri's head as she worked, making her giggle quietly. "You okay?" I whisper and she nods, casting a quick glance Ma's way, lifting a sliver of what she was chopping to my lips to feed it to me, my eyes held hers and I could see the heat in them as my lips closed around the morsel and her fingers. I let my tongue circle her finger, licking away the sticky honeyed fruit concoction, and she bit her lip to hold in her groan as I gently nip before letting her free.

"Ma, these are done" she calls stepping back and lifting the dish to put it with the other amazing looking food.

"The bread Raven!" Ma reminds me and I grin as I get to work.  We work around each other in silence as Ma gives directions, though I take very opportunity I can to brush up against Viri.   I briefly see my brothers look in but they just laugh and head away again, then Pa appears. 

"How are we doing?" he asks and Ma confirms everything is ready, "Raven and Viridian wash up please, I think its best if you greet our guests" he instructs as Ma hisses at him about his lack of warning and rushes off to wash up herself.

"Come on baby" I take her hand and lead her to the downstairs cloakroom, sharing the sink with her as we wash out hands, I can see some of her nerves have returned and again I drop a kiss on her forehead, she shivers and that spark of heat reignites in her eyes.

"You are a tease" she accuses me with a grin, her nerves gone now and that was what I wanted.

We hear the door bell chime and I grin as I guide her along to the door, pulling it open with a flourish and waiting for her to catch on.  "Dad, Uncle Luca, what are you doing here?" she gasps spotting them stood beside Leo and Dom.

"What no welcome for us?" Dom teases her and she growls at him.

"What is going on" her hands have dropped to her hips as she glares at them all.

"Baby we should let them in" I remind her quietly and she turns her glare on my, a finger coming up to poke me in the chest.

"You knew they were all here and you said nothing to me" she growled again, causing Leo to laugh out loud as she focused her rage my way.