33. Dom

Raven had shown me up to the private area in the library and set me up with access to the universities online systems before leaving me to get on with digging around, while he focused on some work.

Leo had gone off to talk to the Dean, to make sure they were aware and would stay out of our way whilst we sorted everything out and Viri was in class as were all the other Steele Boys, each of them either with her or escorting her to and from her classes.

Raven's phone had rung at the same time mine had, Leo's name crossing the screen before I answered only to stop at Raven's shout.

"Raven?" I bark as he heads for the door.

"Campus Police have just arrested Jett, he said Sigma Beta are involved before he was cut off, he was due to meet Viri at the end of her class, she'll be unprotected"

"Go!" I tell him, lifting my phone to my ear. "You heard?" I ask Leo.

"Yes, we are heading that way now, Ash is with me, we just heard some news, also about Sigma Beta, lets focus on getting Viri safe and then get Jett free"

"Raven's on his way there, bring her to the library, i'll make some calls" I tell him before ringing off and starting a conference call to Uncle Gus, Dad and Grant Steele.

"Dom?" Uncle Gus answered first, rapidly followed by Grant, then Dad and I explained what was happening, leaving Grant to call Campus Police and Dad and Uncle Gus on their way.

I open the tracker app on my phone, checking the whereabouts of each of them, Jett outside his building, I presume with the police, Raven moving across the campus rapidly, Ash with Leo also moving rapidly across the campus and Grey in the labs building.  Viri in the building closet to Jett.

I stare at the dots on the screen, something niggling at me and out of reflex I open the app to track Viri's bio tracker... which is moving away from her phone.

Grabbing the car keys I call Leo as I rush down to my car, swapping back to the bio tracker as he answers "Viri's not there, her phone is but she is on the move, possibly in a car, check her bio tracker" I bark as my phone buzzes with another call and I ring off.

"Dad?"

"Get the boys and head back to their house, wait for us there.  Gus and I are in the helicopter, we will make it to Viri first, her team and yours are already en route by car"

"Dad!"

"Dom, I know you want to save her but this is as important, trust me, she will blame herself if the boys get themselves in trouble, round them up and get them home"

"Yes sir" I mutter out, I know he's right but it sucks to be sidelined. He rings off and I call Leo back, explaining to him what's happening.  I know he is equally annoyed he can't get his hands on whoever has Viri, well not yet anyway.

"Ash just had a call from his dad giving the same orders but asking us to pick up Jett on the way to the house, he has the Dean and Uncle Chester with him and is going on to meet Dad and Uncle Gus"

"Who's going to tell Raven" I snorted out, knowing he was going to be pissed as hell.

Leo laughed "I'll get Ash to call him and Grey and see you back there, they had better move quickly and she better be untouched" he trails off and I know how he feels, we have always protected Viri and to stand down now goes against our natures.

"Don't think like that and for gods sake don't say that around Raven or the others, we need to keep them contained at the house till they get back with her"

I drive myself back to the Steele house, arriving just as the others do, Raven with his phone to his ear and judging by his conversation talking to his father.

We all head for the study dropping into the available seats. My phone ringing loudly in the room. "Uncle Gus, have you found her?" I rush out, hitting the speaker button, so they could all hear.

"Switch to video and I will show you" Uncle Gus tells me and I can hear the relief in his voice, she was okay.

"Dom, bring it here" Grey is holding a cable which he plugs into the monitor on the desk, his fingers flying over the keyboard as I reach him and he grabs my phone and attaches it, the screen now showing on the monitor and we could all see.

The sound quality wasn't great but we could hear Uncle Gus' commentary.  Four men were kneeling on the ground next to a car, surrounded by armed guards and facing Uncle Luca and Viri... "Whats she holding?" Grey asks and Gus chuckles.

"A tyre iron.  they had her in the trunk, I presume she had used it on them when they opened it, two of them are bleeding and bruised, they must have shut her back in, she was awake and angry when Luca let her out"

"Do you know who they are?" I ask the brothers and they nod.

"Sigma Beta" Jett spat out the words.

We watched on the screen as Viri took a step forward pointing the iron at one of the kneeling figures, but it looked like she was addressing only one and the others were looking pissed at him, he hung his head but nodded.

Gus moved the phone to show us the arrival of more vehicles and we watched as Grant, the Dean and the state Governor, Viri's Uncle Chester all got out of the car, Uncle Chesters security team instantly moving into position around them.

"Okay, so Chester and Grant have it from here" Gus tells us as Luca guides Viri towards him and the screen image jerks around as he gets out and hugs her, his words muffled but we can hear the emotion. He pulls back and turns the screen her way and we can see her, looking a little flushed but unharmed.  "See she is okay and we are on our way back" he says before hanging up, not giving us the chance to say anything.

"How long?" Raven growls pacing by the now open windows and I open Viri's tracker and see, watching her dot moving rapidly across the map.

"Ten minutes, maybe less" I tell him, watching as all four brother move to the window, their eyes already searching the Sky.

"You may as well sit back down" Leo laughs, "You'll hear the chopper before it lands"

"She looked okay?" Jett said leaning against the wall, guilt still written all over him.

"What did the police say?" I asked him, realising it was a discussion we hadn't had yet.

"That I attacked a girl at a party last night, I didn't" he defends.

"For fucks sake, we know you didn't idiot, we were all here together" I tell him and he looks up at me.

"Sorry" he mutters.

I look at them all poised for her return and hide my grin, I would never have thought it possible but the four of them actually make a match for Viri, despite the current guilt running through all of us, their first thoughts are of her and that is something I can get behind.

The soft thump thump noise of the approaching helicopter sounds and they are all moving out onto the terrace to watch as it gets closer and closer before finally landing on the lawn.

"Good job they have a big back yard" Leo says from my side as we watch the four rush down toward the door we can Viri watching out of.

Grey getting there first and opening the door, Jett reaching in and lifting Viri out, folding her into his arms and I wonder who is soothing who before he passes her to Ash and finally to Raven.  Dad and Uncle Gus stood watching them before exchanging words and they are all coming back towards the house.  Viri still held in Ravens arms, the other three within touching distance.