25. Viridian

Allowing Raven to guide me back to the sofa, I kept my gaze fixed on my father, even though Uncle Luka had taken over the conversation, it was his response that mattered to me.

"The break in and damage in your dorm rooms, was two girls, the camera in the hallway clearly caught them entering and leaving, the camera in the room caught them doing the damage.  This information along with the girls has been delivered to the Chancellor and a Ms Jefferies who is going to see the girls get dealt with, they immediately gave up the floor student advisor, she had given them a pass to get into your room" Uncle Luka updates us.

"Jennifer Saunders was being picked up by the campus police as the cleaning team were finishing in your room, she was very vocal about it and drew a lot of attention her way.  The cleaning team however, they report there is very little that is salvageable, I've instructed them to dispose of everything damaged and they will get your laptop hard drive switched across to a new machine." Dom adds before Uncle Luka continues.

"My photos?" I ask softly by Dom shakes his head.

"They were torn to pieces, I will get you new ones printed, I promise" he offers and I nod my thanks, they were the only really personal things in the room.

"Now Leo picked up St John and had a word with him, he will not be a problem any more"

"Did you hurt him?" I ask glaring at Leo who laughed back at me.

"No, he is intact... maybe a couple of bruises from where I grabbed him but he is alive and walking... I promise"

"So how do you know he will stay away?" Raven asks him and I watch the dark glee on Leo's face, he has something on him.

"What have you got?" I ask curiously.

"Enough on the boy to sink his future and to seriously cause his family some problems, trust me, he will stay away" Leo smirks.

"I want to see what you have on him" Jett said quietly "The reason he went after her was because he hates me, my gut tells me he's not going to stop, no matter what you have on him"

"Grant?" Luka asks and I see their Pa nod his agreement. "Send it to him" he instructs Leo, who nods with another grin at me.

"Now this frat, we have had a dig and come up with a bunch of issues, while they are a dirty bunch, there's reports of bullying, and a rape report that was brushed off after the victim changed her story." Uncle Luka says and I see Grant get up angrily, turning our attention to him.

"I've spoken to a couple of other old members this evening calling in favours to get this chapter investigated and hopefully disbanded.  None of this I knew about, this changes everything, they have to go, this was not what ..." Grant trails off and I can see his disappointment clearly.

"They are not all bad eggs, from what we can work out there are a core group of six boys who have chosen to use the frat as their own personal mafia" Uncle Luka laughs "They have no idea what they are doing, its sloppy and there is evidence everywhere linking back to them, we have their house under surveillance whilst we work out the best way forward that doesn't paint another target on my niece"

"I can help with that" Grant says stepping forward, his fists still clenched "The boys fathers and I were all in this frat, we wanted the boys to join but they chose not to, and that's why this is happening, i'm glad now that they didn't join, but it means they have no sway over anyone... but I do, you say its six that are causing all the problems?"

Luka nods.

"Then let's bring them down and clean up the frat, if the house has to go, then so be it, but lets give them a chance to clean up their act, if possible" Grant says and both Dad and Luka nod.

"And if they don't?" Leo mutters making Dom grin.

"Then we will clean them up" he laughs and I see all the men in the room grin.

"Okay, we will share what we have with you Grant, and your boys" Uncle Luka agrees and I see them all nodding as I catch Dads eyes again.

"And what about Viri?" Leo asks the room, not even bothering to hide his smirk, he knows this is going to a volatile conversation.

"I've agreed to stay here till my dorm room is ready" I tell him, without taking my eyes from Dads

"We've already seen how secure that is, you're not safe back there" Dom replies and I see the corner of Dads eyes crinkle a little as he fights to hide his grin.

"I will stay here until my room is ready for me to move back into" I repeat, and see Dad's smile break through.

"Gus, its your call, I can get them all an apartment to share" Uncle Luka responds and my eyes flare.

"No, No, No, they are not coming here, you promised me" I growl, turning to face Uncle Luka.

"Viri... The dorm is unsafe, we can't improve the safety any more, its too open and anything we do would bring more attention to you" he argues and I shake my head, pointing at Dom and Leo.

"If they start here, then what do you think will happen, look at them!  It would expose me even more, they are not subtle" I reply, causing everyone to laugh.

"Gus, Luka, Can I offer a suggestion" Ma offers quietly.

"Of course Louisa" Dad replies.

"We have enough spare rooms here, let Viridian stay here, one or both of the boys can stay as well, if they would like to, just whilst everything is being resolved with the frat, it would keep it more discreet and be easily manageable, she can have her own space.  From what I can see from the brief time I have known her she is a very capable young lady and should be allowed to make her own decisions."

"Its a workable compromise" Dad agrees and I know this may be the only way of moving forward at the moment.

"Okay but if they start trying to tell me what to do, I'm sending them home to Aunty Row in pieces" I warn them and again all the males in the room laugh.

"Thats settled then" Ma says before holding out her hand to me "Excuse us whilst we go and check on dinner" she tells everyone and I follow her out to the kitchen.

Once we were away from their hearing she turns to me and smiles softly "Was that okay, I thought it was a sensible solution, but only if you want to" she murmurs looking at me and I nod, grateful she was asking me and I knew I would have an ally if the boys got out of hand.

"Thank you Ma, I know it was the best compromise and thank you for thinking of it" I tell her, "Now shall we distract them with food" I say and she agrees.

We check everything is ready before calling them to the table and setting the dishes out ready, I grin to myself as everyone tucks in and conversation turns to lighter things, Ma talking to Dad about painting and art, Pa talking to Uncle Luka about business, Leo talking to Jett and Grey about sports and Dom talking to Raven about politics.  If feel Ash take my hand and squeeze it gently under the table as he whispers "The food is wonderful Baby, thank you" before joining in Raven and Doms conversation and for the first time in a long time I can relax and see my family who I dearly love mixing with a family I would love to know more about in the future.