32. Jett

I squeezed Viri's hand as I let her head into the classroom, this was one of the few classes she had without one of us with her and I felt my nerves flare, before I walked away, heading for my own class three doors down.  

It was just one class and if anything happened I could get to her quickly.

I slid into my seat, noticing the few covert looks my way, more than usual but so far no one had approached me.  I had heard a few of the whispers, Ravens name mentioned, St Johns name once as well as Jennifers.

I let my gaze circle the room, noticing the three Sigma Beta guys heads all together as they did something on their phones, narrowing my eyes as one of them nervously glanced my way, his gaze meeting mine before looking away panicked.

As the professor entered, they sat back and slide their phones out of sight, stupid bloody frat. I wondered what they were up to now.

Half way through the lesson a knock on the door brought two campus police officers into the room, the professor having a quiet conversation before calling me down. "Mr Steele, these officers would like a word with you"

I caught sight of the Sigma Beta arseholes grinning out of the corner of my eye and knew this had something to do with them. "Can I ask what it's regarding?"

"We have some questions for you son, down at the station" he stood with his hands on his hips regarding me as if I were a criminal.

"I need to grab my bag" I tell then climbing back up to my seat to grab it, pressing the emergency call button, I heard it connect and pulled it out of my pocket "Raven, campus police have just pulled me out of class, Sigma Beta are involved, you need to pick up Viri after class" I rush out before the phone is snatched out of my hand and the call ended.

"Hey!" I object but the officer is pointing a taser at me 

"Hands behind your back, you are under arrest" he barks out, his finger shaking on the trigger and I don't trust him not to pull it.

"What this all about?" I ask as he puts handcuffs on me and pulls me down the corridor, the other officer a step in front, opening doors.

"Shut up, you'll find out when we get to the station" he mutters pushing me into the back of their car and slamming the door.

I groan and hope Raven got enough of my message to know what was going on, to get to Viri before the end of class and to let Dad know what had happened.

They refuse to tell me anything on the way back to the station, and after checking me in, I was left in an interview room, my hands still cuffed and no answers as to why I was there.

I watched the clock anxiously, knowing class was ending and hoped that Raven had understood and got to her, I was sure nothing would happen but didn't want to take the chance.

It was 15 minutes after class would have finished before the door opened and an officer finally came in, he slapped a folder on the desk and pulled out a chair, giving me a dirty look as he sat down.

"Why am I here?" I ask bluntly.

"I ask the questions son, now where were you at 9.30 last night?"

"I was at home" I replied easily.

"We have a sworn statement that you attacked a young lady at a party, that you forced yourself on her, are you telling me she is lying"

"Officer, " I tried to keep my tone even, "I was at home and I have witnesses to prove it"

"Your brothers who we all know would lie for you" he grates back.

"My whole family was there as well as visitors" I tell him as the door opens and another officer rushes in, whispering in his ear.

"What!" he barks out, his gaze coming to mine and he shifts uncomfortably.

"Mr Steele, it seems to be a case of mistaken identity, we are releasing you with no further action" the officer says getting to his feet and pulling out keys to unlock the cuffs.

"That's not good enough" I tell him straightening "I want to know who made the allegations against me"

"Son we cannot release that information, we have to investigate this further" he retorts and I want to growl at him.

"Where are my things, my phone?" 

"Sir, if you follow me we can get your belongings back to you" the second officer offers and opens the door for me.

I follow him down a corridor and he asks me to wait at a desk as he gets my things, bring them to me, I reach for my phone just as it rings "Dad?" I answer.

"The boys are coming to collect you, wait for them inside the station and then go straight home, they will update you and I will see you there" he tells me before ending the call.

I look at the phone in my hand but follow the officer to the front door, dropping into a seat inside the doors so I can keep any eye out for my brothers arriving,  Hopefully they will have Viri with them but my gut is telling me something is going on...

"Viri?" I demanded when I saw Ash approaching but he shook his head.

"Not here, wait till we are in the car" he told me leading the way.  I growled but followed, knowing he wouldn't say anything until he was ready.

"Viri was taken from outside her classroom, they left her phone but Gus and Luca are tracking her and will get her back, we have to go back to the house and wait for them to bring her home" he tells me and I feel the rage building.

"Fuck, Fuck, fuck" I slam my fist against the seat "Who?" 

"We think Sigma Beta, I saw Jack just before and he was telling me they had been discussing her" Ash tells me, and I can hear the fear and heat in his voice he is trying to hide.

"I'll kill them all, take me to their house!" I shout trying to open the door.

"Stop Jett, come on, you know we all want to go and beat the shit out of them but we've got to be clever about this or we put Viri at risk, Luca and Gus are bring her home, we have to be there" I tell him and relax as I finally see him nod.

"They took her on my watch, I failed her" I tell them and hear Leo sigh from the drivers seat.

"We also missed them taking her, its our fault too, the important thing is getting her back and we will get her back!" he tells me as we turn into the driveway, Raven and Dom's cars arriving at the same time.