16. Jett

As I sit waiting for Raven to return from dropping off Viri, I think about everything she told us.  But, although we all have a sorry back story, losing our parents, we always had each other and we always knew we were loved by our god parents. 

That made us secure and confident in dealing with the outside world and we all thrived in it, but I wonder just how much freedom she'd had growing up, the families she was linked to were all in the public eye and as I though about what I had heard about them in the press I knew I had never heard mention of her. Never heard the two families linked together...

I almost reached for my phone and googled her and the families but stopped myself, I wanted to hear about them from her directly.

"Jett?" Raven stood at the door, shit, I was so lost in my thoughts about Viri I hadn't heard him return.

"She got back safe?" I ask, knowing what a stupid question that was, of course she did or Raven wouldn't be standing there.

"What's up?" he drops down into his armchair and watches me.

"I'm jealous" I say without thinking, dropping my gaze as I realise just how true my words are. "Shit" I hiss.

"Understandable, you saw her first, but I'm not going to say sorry" he tells me and I raise my gaze to his.

"I know" I say reluctantly and he grins back at me "and I know you are the best one to be by her side, they won't mess with you but god I wish it was me"

"Jett, think about what Grey suggested, I know its something we've never considered before, but Viri is open to being friends with all of us and seeing where this goes"

"You asked her?" I ask him surprised.

"No. She brought it up" he sighed "She told me... When she first started school after being homeschooled, she had a boyfriend and friend who set her up, she said all she lost was her first kiss, but it knocked her Trust, and her confidence, that's one of the reasons she was keeping us out, but now we are in and she wants to see how things develop"

"Tell me they were dealt with" I growl at him and he nods with a dark grin.

"Her cousins on the scary side dealt with them, the friend ended up in jail for drug possession, while the boyfriend was mugged, badly"

"How did she feel about that?" I muse and he laughs.

"She is glad they didn't kill them, I think more for her families sake that theirs" he says.

"Do you think they will step in, if they find out about us?" I worry and Ravens brows raise in surprise, he hadn't though of that.

"I think as long as she is happy and safe we will be okay, just don't screw up" he replies sending me a look that indicates I might.

"I'll try" I tell him with a grin, getting up and grabbing his outstretched arm to pull him up.

"I'm going to pick her up from her dorm in the morning, and walk her to class, want to come with me?" he offers and I nod, pulling him into a bro hug before pushing him away.

"Thanks" I mutter with a grin before heading up to bed, knowing my dreams would be full of Viri again.

The next morning was cold and clear, and I ignored the ragging from my brothers as I was up and ready before all of them, not the usual start to my day, I had even started breakfast and had coffee made by the time they had come downstairs. 

Raven had laughed at me and shook his head as he had helped himself, Grey and Ash had muttered under their breath that it was unfair they hadn't been invited along too. But Ravens 'Maybe next time' had satisfied them.