3| the luck of Stella

╔═══════════════╗
Chapter 3
╚═══════════════╝

You'd think running a mafia we'd be
super on the low 24/7. But we have a huge party once a week, so screw that stereotype.

I walked into the building earning a wave from the desk people. We live in a skyscraper thing, so we do have neighbours. Just our house takes up 4/5 floors. We're at the very top, if you had a fear of heights you wouldn't like it here.

I walked out of the elevator and put in our code

I walked out of the elevator and put in our code. Wanna know how I know I'm the favourite? The password is StellaVolpe. Aka Stella fox. Remember when I was talking about how they call me fox all the time? Yeah, I'm the favourite.

Anyway, I entered our home earning a slight head nod from some guards. Carlos emerged from the corner, "I beat you."

I rolled my eyes and took off my shoes, "bullshit, I was being more careful. Dad will murder me if I get fined again."

Yeah, we don't have to talk about it...

"Fair enough, I won't be watching over for you this evening." He fixed his suit.

I looked over at him in disbelief, "what do you mean?"

"Your dad gave me the night and next day off to spend time with my family."

I'm not gonna lie, I forgot about how Carlos had his own family. He's always here, so I would hate to take him away from his family like the mafia took ours away from us.

I smiled, "I hope you have a great time, Carlos. You deserve it."

He smiled and ruffled my hair before leaving by the elevator. It was now just me and the guards at the door. Everything was always so quiet. With everyone gone, there's no yelling, commotion, music.

I better enjoy this while it lasts.

I ran up the stairs slipping a little on the top one, "you fucking fuck. Son of a bi-" I cut myself off, standing up and calming down.

 Son of a bi-" I cut myself off, standing up and calming down