Chapter 1: The Beginning

Today is the first day of 2nd-year college. I did a lot of researches for my studies for this year because I still want to be at the top of our class.

"Ok, so everyone we have 17 new students in our school and 1 of them is joining our class. He's from France but he is going to study here now, everybody please welcome Mr. Nicholas Richards." Our teacher introduced him. Well, he was just a normal student. He's tall, he's cute, and he looks nice. He sat 4 chairs away from me.

****

The bell rang, which means that it's time for a break. It was a usual break time for me. My sister graduated last year so I'm all alone at a table now.

Until.....

"Uhmmmm... Can I sit here???" An unfamiliar voice fronted on me. I looked at him and oh!!! it's just the new student I forgot his name but I let him sit with me because I was lonely.

He introduced himself, "I'm Nicholas Richards"

And I replied, "Yeah I know we're in the same homeroom."

He just smiled and he was embarrassed. It ended with silence just a normal break time

****

"That new student is sooo cute"

I heard rumors as I walked through my locker.

There were 3 girls, 2 lockers away from me. They were talking about him.

"I heard his parents own a café in a mall near here! It's successful!!!"

They kept on talking to each other about that new student. I smiled, they are so humiliated by that guy. He is not that cute. Well, he was nice by the first time I talked to him but I don't think he is cute.

When I got into the car, I saw Nich walking to his car while he looked back at the whole school. I wondered why he did but I just never minded about it and pointlessly continued scrolling on Instagram.

****

I was laying on my bed, scrolling on my Instagram feed and one thing came into my mind.

searched 'Nicholas Richards' there were no results I tried again. 'Richards_ Nicholas' and there it is I saw him. He's quite famous he has 5 thousand followers and there are only 6 accounts that he follows he has 211 posts and I have to admit it, he was cute. He looks good but he's just so shy in real life and I don't know why.

****

It was 8:00 am we were in a class. We were giving our opinions about the legalization of drugs. I wasn't participating because I feel like it's nonsense! Well duh but drugs are still illegal and it will never be legal and our professor called Nicholas.

He was just sketching.

Our Professor asked him, "Mr. New student, What is your opinion about the legalization of drugs?"

and he replied "It should never be legal it damages the brain and shortens peoples life and it is addicting"

Our Professor was amazed and he said "Very good, what about you Ms. Francine Abigail Peters why do you think addicting video games are legal and cigarette is legal and it also damages the brain but drugs are not?"

It was nonsense if our professor called me, that was my answer. I became so darn nervous the question was really hard! I was speechless...

and he replied "It should never be legal it damages the brain and shortens peoples life and it is addicting"