Chapter 2: The Partnership

"So today we will prepare for a report for your performance task because it's only the 2nd week of school, I want you guys to get to know each other so I'm partnering you up. Because life is not just about math and science I want you guys to pick your topic, reports will be next Monday. Okay, So I'll announce who will be your partners" and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah then,

"Francine Abigail Peters will be working with Mr. Nicholas Richards."

Wow!!! What!?!?!? With Nicholas this is crazy!! I don't want to talk to him yet we just talked yesterday 'bout ourselves this will be awkward but there's nothing I can do it's the stupid destiny.

****

School just ended I have to ask permission from my eldest sibling first! I went to his room and there, he was writing. I don't know what it is but it is probably for his girlfriend.

"Carson, I have to work on a school project with my classmate for tomorrow," I told him.

He was so serious about typing on his computer. He's not answering so I tried to disturb him I read what he is typing loudly, "BABY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE"

Then he closed his laptop and yelled at me "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING STOP READING MY SONG!!!!!"

I laughed and said, "What kind of song is that??? It looks so stupid I don't think your girlfriend will like that"

He looked at me seriously and asked me, "What is it?"

Then I spoke, "I just want to ask for permission we have to make a school project so maybe I will be a little late tomorrow, we will do it after school."

And he looked so curious and said "Be home at 9:30 pm sharp you know the rules! If you disobey, you'll be grounded."

And I thanked him and left his room.

****

It was finally morning all night, I've been thinking of topics that Nich and I could discuss for tomorrow I mean today. OMG, I don't know why but I have left again. There is no one in our house. This is not the first time. I tried to make myself look good before going to school.

****

School's overtime for making the report

"Francine, Let's go" Nicholas called me and the door of his car is open. I went inside and I thought he will be driving but he has a driver.

While we were still in the car we already talked about our report.

"So maybe we could make something that is not an ordinary report," He said while I was drinking water and then the driver accidentally pressed the break so..... I accidentally spat the water I was drinking on Nicholas's face and then it was so awkward his driver laughed

"Sorry" I apologize and made a sorry hand sign. His face is wet, his uniform is also wet, and the seat of his car is also wet.

"It's ok never mind were on our way home so I can change in there." And what he said was a relief to me.

****

We arrived at his house I went to the dining and sat on a sofa while I was watching TV. Nicholas quickly went to his room to change. I bet he's mad at me he just doesn't show it cause he doesn't want to offend me.

Afterward, he sat with me on the sofa with his desktop and some snacks. "Okay so do you have any topic suggestions?" he asked.

I replied, "I have 7 suggestions no.1 anti-bullying, no.2 things 100 years ago, no.3 self-help books to discuss, no.4 study hacks, no.5 foods, no.6 artists, and lastly environment and agriculture."

He was thinking so deeply, and finally, he said "let's go with the environment and agriculture topic"

I nodded my head and we were making it. Typing, researching, and, more blah blah blah...

And there was someone who entered I asked Nicholas, "who's that?"

He replied, "Probably my mom."

His mom just walked and went upstairs kind of like she didn't even see us she just went upstairs and didn't even look at us. It was like we don't exist.

"Nicholas, what was that?" I asked. He made a curious face and I said "I mean is she normally like that?"

He just said, "Yeah she just minds about business. It's like I don't exist in her life. That's why I prefer dad to her, if my dad was here, maybe we're watching a movie or something. By the way, just call me Nich. Nicholas is too long and most of my friends from France call me that"

I smiled and said, "So we're friends???" And he half-smiled and replied to me, "Yeah why not?"

I said, "And you should also stop calling me Francine I hate it! Call me Abby" and he nodded his head with a cute smiling face.

I was typing and he looked at what I was typing so I wasn't able to concentrate and he said, "Wrong spelling for miscellaneous"

God darn! I was out of concentration again! I said "Oh yeah ok" and I fixed it.