Chapter 4: Like A Date

It's been a week since our presentation. I've been looking forward to our school prom. Will I attend or not? Maybe not. Since Chris broke up with me, I never attended proms, oh there were no proms when he left! It was summer. At the last prom, I danced on my own. Some guys wanted to dance with me but I didn't want to dance with them.

****

Today is Sunday so my brother is with her girlfriend and my sister is with her friends and I'm left alone in our house. I went downstairs because I was a little bored in my room.

****

I sat on our sofa and turned on our TV but I wasn't watching. I was just on my phone scrolling, watching, and just doing things I like.

Nich sent me an emoji on Instagram chats. But it was poop. I felt so weird I accidentally spat out the orange juice I was drinking.

I asked him immediately. "What?"

It took 20 minutes for him to answer. Maybe because he was busy and he said, "No, it was a wrong send." And I finally got relief. I was so bored so I decided to give my dog a walk.

"Hey, are you coming to the prom?" I was startled when I was walking down the street to walk my dog.

I looked behind me and I saw Nich I was so confused about his question but I answered him. "Oh, I'm.... really not sure yet... You?"

And he smiled and replied, "No, I don't like proms."

To be honest, he's cuter in a jacket. He looks like a man!!! He's wearing a brown jacket with bits of the shirt and he's also wearing ripped jeans.

I was looking at him when I said, "Why???"

I don't know what he said cause I was so distracted by his looks but I'm pretty sure he said "Nah nothing don't want to talk about it."

I didn't hear the other things he said cause my dog was barking so loud and I was thinking of him.

He suddenly asked me, "Do you want to go to the mall? I mean if you're not busy."

A mall?!?! Yas I want to!!!!

Oh, but I said, "Uhmmmm... I have to save up the money I need to buy something else." He nodded his head

"I can buy what you want"

What?!?!?!?! He'll buy me what I want?!?!?!? Yas Yas yas please I would like to but I need to put out my pride first before the things I want.

"Uhm... no it's ok"

He made a cute face and added, "Let's just go to a mall I can buy you what you want and we can eat there if you're not busy."

What!?!?!?! Yes please treat me!!!!!

But I said, "You mean like a date????" I said that even though I don't know what I was talking about. He made a worried face that's when I knew he wants to go on a date with me but maybe I was just being so foolish.

"Yeah like a date. I mean you know, a friendship date something like that?" He said and I laughed at him.

He smiled and said, "What? Are You coming?"

And I said with laughter "Yeah I will or whatever."

He smiled and he's obviously happy and I am too. He added, "I'll pick you up by 2:30 pm or something, okay?"

And I just nodded my head.

****

Nich beeped his car in front of our house and again I thought he would be the one who's driving but it was his driver who was driving.