Chapter 5: Flowers And Cupcakes

Today is Wednesday but we don't have classes for today because our school is closed for general cleaning. My brother left the house early to go to our company while my sister is busy with her career so she have to go to her studio as early as she can.

****

I was on our sofa in our lounge. Having breakfast while watching TV. It is truly weird, Nich hasn't said 'Good morning' to me yet he does that every time. Maybe he thought that he should take a break. There was this mysterious doorbell.

I was so startled because I didn't expect a visitor. Maybe, that's my sister's friends or my brother's friends. But as I open the window I saw a guy with a black/green jacket, it's like a delivery rider's uniform he also has a motorcycle.

I asked him, "Oh, Hi Mr. How can I help you?"

He grabbed his clipboard and asked me, "Are you, Ms. Francine Abigail Peters?"

I was so confused why he knows my name.

"Oh yeah, why?" I asked him and he looked at me while getting a big bouquet from the back of his motorcycle.

"Here is a delivery for you" the bouquet was insanely big I wonder who sent me this.

"Where did it come from?" I asked him he looked at his clipboard and said "I am so sorry, Ma'am but I can't tell you but here is your package."

I carried the bouquet while wondering who send this to me.

I looked for the note and I saw it says, "Roses are reds. Violets are blue. I know violets aren't blue but I love you."

Since Chris and I broke up no one told me 'I love you before. Except for my brother and my Dad. Is this from my brother?

I went inside and put the flowers on top of our lounge table. I grabbed my phone and tried to dial my brother.

"Hey, it's me. Did you send me flowers!?!?!?"

And he asked me, "what flowers?"

And of course, it wasn't him. It wasn't my dad. He is dead. Could it be Chris? Or could it be Nich? Of course, it is not Nich he doesn't love me. It could not be Chris either he hates flowers he thinks sending flowers to a girl is nonsense because flowers are cheap. But this flower is not. I tried to give it a sniff it was so good. Smells like roses because they are roses.

I couldn't ask anybody else so I asked the flowers, "Where did you guys come from?" I sniffed the flowers again, they smell so darn good.

I went to my room and tried to hide the bouquet in my room. I put it on top of my table. It is still a mystery who will give me a bouquet with an "I love you note?"

There was someone who rang the doorbell again I went downstairs with the flowers. When I opened the door, the same delivery rider was there.

"Ummm... Miss Francine Abigail Peters, it was a wrong delivery"

Ok, so it was the wrong delivery.

"Wait what?"

He smiled and scratched his head "I am so sorry but can I get the flowers back? I have to deliver it."

I replied to him humbly, "Oh please be careful for the next time. You can break something big in someone's life"

I went inside our house to get the flowers. I gave it to him.

"Thank you so much, but this is a real package for you." He gave me a box of cupcakes.

"Are you sure about that?" He showed me the name with a smile. And of course, it was for me.

"Thank you so much" I thanked him with a smile and with the feels of getting electrified.

As I look at the box I saw a note it says:

"Hey Abby, always take care. Don't forget

To brush your teeth after eating sweets..."

-Nich

It was really from Nich. Wow, this is a blast better than the flowers And now I am sure that it is from Nich. He is really sweet. Imagine being with him the whole time. I tried the cupcakes. They were colored with my favorite color blue. I can't eat all of the cupcakes so I put the others in our refrigerator.

I texted Nich to thank him,

"Thank you for the cupcakes"

He replied to me in just a few seconds, "Welcome enjoy:)"

I smiled again.

****

I was cleaning some of the mess on my table just after journaling. I saw a picture of me and Chris. It was a picture taken when we were at a carnival. It was really fun. No words.

I remember everything about that day; my happiness, how I was dressed, and all the fake smiles that Chris gave me. He was kind, sweet, and fake at the same time. I gave him love. All the love I could ever give to the world. But it was nonsense because he was just faking every word and every smile. He was nice but I hate him for playing my heart. I am not a toy, I was never one!

Today, I am still afraid to love again. I can't trust anyone anymore. Anyone can fake a smile and anyone can say anything they want to say. I don't know if I will confess to Nich. I am scared and I am afraid. I don't know how and I don't know why. I know that if I will confess to him I will be true to myself but does he like me??? I don't want to be hurt again. We are close friends but maybe he only loves me as a friend. I don't really want to confess to him. It will be weird for me to face him.

He doesn't like me. I am smart but I am boring and such a fool when it comes to real life. Do I look good? I asked myself and whispered, "no" well, of course, people that loves me think I am cool and beautiful but for me and for the people that don't know me, I am not. Green eyes, white skin, straight hair is all that I have.

The other girls are so pretty I am happy for them but darn I am not!!!!! I bet Chris's new girl is telling all her friends that she is the luckiest girl in the world. (just like what I did when I was his girl) She looks kind, she is beautiful, she is cool. Sadly, Chris had to replace me to love her. that blonde pretty (stupid) girl!!!!

She is so so so so famous! Even my sister follows her on Instagram and I do too. If I am going to compare myself to her, it is like killing myself slowly. I am smart but she is cool and an ideal girl for Chris. For me, she is good for Chris. I wonder if they are happy. I wish he is. same thing to that blonde girl. I loved Chris with all of my heart but maybe we are just really not meant to be.