Epilogue

-this is the end of the story-

There was a lo-fi hip-hop type of music with us in the car. Nich and I decided to go to the beach today to watch the sunset.

****

It was exactly 7:00 pm when we arrived at the beach. Nich placed the blanket on the sand and I sat on it. He wrapped his arms around me as I felt so nervous. It was a different feeling that I had and I could never explain. I leaned on his shoulder while watching the sky turn to orange and the sun as it disappears. "It's so beautiful" Nich whispered underneath his breath.

I replied with a sweet and calm voice while I avoid getting into a dramatic scene. "Yes, it is" but when Nich leaned on my shoulder, I felt that he was tired. I felt that he wants to sleep and just leave. "I love you, Abby," he said while he was scratching my hair with his fingers. I replied to him while staring at the orange sky "I love you too Nich and I will always do" I felt his tears falling on my shoulders. I tried my best to control myself from being dramatic but when I felt his tears falling into my shoulder, my tears fell. At an unexpected time, I fell in love with the unexpected guy and I always thought that our love could last forever but I realized, that we should always do the things we should before it's too late. We should expect the unexpected because we are not sure about what will happen to our lives.

Nich finally said something after a minute of silence "remember the time that we first met each other?" That reminded me of us back when we were in college. When we had our first eye contact, the day we met at a coffee shop, our presentation, the day we broke up and the day I saw him after a year. It all feels like it all just happened yesterday.

"I do" he chuckled a bit for a while and even though I was crying, I smiled for a second. "I love you Abby" Nich whispered again as if it was his last word. My tears fell again until I replied. "I love you too" I felt his tears fall on my shoulder again and I felt the autumn breeze blowing us away. After a minute, Nich said his last words that made me more emotional. The harder I try to stop it, the more I become more emotional. He finally said his last goodbye "goodbye, Abby". The sky turned into a whole orange thing. It took me a minute to realize that Nich was not breathing anymore.

****

I didn't come to Nich's funeral because I don't think I can take it. I mean I can't accept the fact that he is not going to be with me anymore. It was just so hard to cope with what I felt. It is so hard!!!!!!!!!

When I and my driver arrived at Nich's graveyard, I sat on the floor as I look at his name placed on a stone

Nicholas James Richards

August 23 1996-February 11 2021

As I place a bouquet into his gravestone, I stare at his picture. He looked so nice in it. He was everything I wanted to be. His picture reminded me of the day when we danced in the rain. I wiped my tears while I was gently rubbing his gravestone. I started talking to him.....

"Hey Nich, sorry I wasn't with you at your funeral. I'm sorry. I miss you so much Nich. I miss you very very very much. I wish you were here so I can still be happy. I wish you're here so I can tell you how I feel but you're not. The day I met you, I can't remember every single detail about it but all that I can remember is that you made me so happy."

I felt the autumn breeze blowing me away. I wiped my tears as I look at his name on top of the gravestone.

And I continued talking.

"You don't know how much you made me happy.... you don't know how much you hurt me. You made me laugh, you made me mad, you made me happy, and you made me cry. Nich, I miss you and I will always do. I thought that you will be the one to put a wedding ring on my ring finger and the one to give me my first kiss and I thought that you will be the father of our kids and that we will grow old together but I was wrong. You left me. Why Nich? Why did you? I love you so much Nich I do"

I left Nich's graveyard and started walking to go to my car. I sat on the passenger's seat and looked back at Nich's grave. I will miss him so much. He will always be in my heart. I will never forget him. He is my everything. I am so thankful that I had the best guy in the world. Even if the last word that he said was his last goodbye.

•The End•