Chapter 19: He Is Sick

The last time that Nich and I saw each other was a week ago. I wasn't able to talk to him these past few days because I was a little bit busy so I decided to go to his mom's house because I was pretty sure he was there.

When I knocked, a beautiful and sweet woman opened the door "Abby! Hello, what brings you here?" Nich's mom asked me. As I look at her eyes which look exactly like Nich's eyes, I said "I'm here for Nich. Is he here?"

"Actually, he's not here but he will come back sooner or later. You can wait for him here inside"

I went inside their house. It was a little simple but it was also fancy. I sat on a sofa behind a small table, in front of a TV. Nich's mom brought two cups of coffee and he gave me one cup for me.

I took my first sip and she asked me "why are you looking for Nich?" she took her first sip too. I smiled at her and I replied: "it's been a week since we last talked to each other and these past few days, I've been really busy so I wanted to visit him again."

She smiled at me and I continued "by the way where is he?" She placed her cup on the table and finally said something to me "didn't he tell you that today is his schedule for his checkup?"

What check-up is she talking about? I didn't believe her at first and I just thought that she was kidding but why will she tell a joke.

"No, he never did"

She continued talking "last night he told me that he is about to tell you" it led me to the conclusion Nich because Nich never told me anything about checkups. He never did. So one thing came into my mind, is sick?!?!?!? Hell no he's probably not. He seemed energetic these past few days. I wasn't sure so I asked her "why does he need a checkup?"

She was nervous and it made me nervous too. Even though it was cold, my sweat fell. She took a deep breath and started her revelations "Nich didn't want me to tell you this but I don't want to lie to you...."

I became more nervous when she became silent for a minute. Then, she continued "Nich is sick. He is suffering from lung cancer." She made a disappointed look and I looked at her with a shocked face. I was so shocked. How did that happen? I asked her "how did that happen?"

Her tears fell and she said, "since his birth, he had severe pneumonia and I don't know how it turned to lung cancer." Since when Nich became my boyfriend back when we were in college, he never told me he had severe pneumonia. My tears fell as I feel the pain and the thought of losing him again.

I placed the cup of coffee I was holding back on top of the table in front of us. I stood up and Nich's mom asked me "where are you going?" she wiped her face then I looked at her face. I answered "oh, I'm going home" it was hard to lie to her but I have to.

I started my car to go to Nich's house. I knocked and he opened the door and he was surprised that I came. My tears fell and he realized that I knew it all. I went inside his house and he closed the door. I started crying then he wrapped his arms around me and he said "it's ok Abby, it's ok! I will stay with you forever and I won't leave" even if I tried to, I can't stop crying with the thought that I will lose him again. I replied "Nich, I love you and I always do" my heart beats faster every second being worried that he will leave me anytime. I'm not yet ready.

Nich looked at me again and finally said something while he was wiping all the tears on my face with the sleeves of his hoodies I love you too Abby and I promise you that I will fight as far as I could and I will never leave you and I will not let anything stop us"

I hugged Nich more tightly while he was hugging me more tightly too. I believed in his promise that he will never leave me and I believe that he will never. Like what he said, nothing can stop us.

****

It's been a week since then. I have a few things to do today. That includes writing a song for the album that I am going to release next month. As usual, it will be about Nich. But this time, I will talk about how he made me laugh and how he made me happy every time that we are together. It was really weird for all of my fans but now that they've accepted it, I need to tell them what I always wanted to tell them.

It was a rainy day and Nich came to pick me up. We were supposed to have a picnic that day but since it was raining so hard, we went on a road trip but we don't know what was it for.

There was a lo-fi chill hip-hop song in between us. It was on a low volume so we can still hear both the music and the sound of the rain as it falls to the ground and the roof of Nich's car. I looked into his eyes to check if he's ok and he was. He smiled at me saying that he was ok. When I had the opportunity to talk, I didn't waste my time. I said "stop here" nothing was there on the road. It was only the two of us. Nich and I. He was confused about what I said when I opened the door of his car to get wet outside. I was really in the mood to get wet at that time.

It took him a minute to realize that I wasn't joking around and that I was serious. My jeans were all wet and it was the same as my jackets. Nich leaned in front of his car when he get off it. We were just both watching the rain as it falls to the ground and us. I looked at Nich for 5 seconds and grabbed him to the rain.

When we were in the middle of the road, I wasn't thinking of anything. It was only Nich that I was thinking about. I always wanted to make him happy and I am suddenly making him smile. When he finally smiled after a minute, we danced under the rain like crazy people. We both danced like no one was watching. Well, no one was watching and we were just both feeling so grateful to have each other.

When I got tired of dancing, I hugged Nich and he hugged me too. I felt him breathing as he kisses my forehead. It felt so nice to dance in the rain with him. It was like lifting me in heaven. It was even more than that. Nich looked at me with a smile on his face and dragged me closer to him. I was so close to his chest and I can feel his body all around me. We said I love you's to each other.

"I love you," we both said at the same time.